Belly Bar

Amethyste

Mummy to Ella
Reaction score
Hi, I have a belly bar and kept my normal bar until about a week ago but even though there was a lot of space left on it, i replaced it with a pregnancy bar because the skin was a bit red on the top hole. After a week, it stills red, it is not painful, not infected or anything, it is just the skin stretching. So i am not sure if i should take it off or not. I really don't want it to close now and leave an ugly scar and i have heard a lady saying she was just passing the bar everyday to stop closing it. Also, the pregnancy one is annoying to take off and i ll probably have to cut if i do so. My sister had to put it on me co i couldn't close it either. So i am worry they gonna ask me to take it off for my next 2 scans (growth scans).I was wondering what did you girl do with yours ? thanks xx

I dont av one but 2 of my friends have had to take theirs out by the end. Know one of them at least was able to put it back in afterwards

I had to take mine out and it already seems to have closed up :wacko:

My belly button was pierced at the bottom and I took mine out for my second scan at 20 weeks to avoid it being knocked about. My belly has got a lot bigger and skin tighter since then so I would've had to take it out anyway. It doesn't look totally healed through (haven't tried to get bar back through) but think I will end up getting it re-pierced.

I'm not sure if mine is a little different with being pierced at the bottom rather than the top though tbh!

I had to take mine out as it became to uncomfortable even with a bendy bar. now my bellybutton is stretched and looks like the playboy bunny (honestly it does) lol
But i just poked the bar through every couple weeks and it's still pierced :) hope urs goes okay, and sometimes they do ask you to take it out at scans incase LO is behind there.

Thanks for your replies, i ll ask my mw when i see her on tuesday. The thing is that i don't have any stretch mark so far and on the top hole, right below the little ball it is only red. I am just very worry that it will get bad later and leave horrible stretch marks or scars but i have read that some girls removed their piercing ages before being pregnant and even though it closes up, it reappear and did stretches when they got pg. On the other side, some didn't remove it at all and they have nothing.

I take mine out in the day (stops it catching etc) n then put it in at night so I keep the hole open, hope that helps! Redness on mine is now much improved x

I removed mine with my first son and it closed on me but I still got stretch marks even though I took it out just a lil one. never got it re-pierced But still have the holes just can't fit anything through them.

Sounds like its too late.. I took my belly bar out as soon as I started getting a bump with my son, didn't replace it with a pg bar or anything but AFTER I had my son I got a stretchmark right between where the top hole and my belly button was.. Hollowness of the skin due to the hole I guess. But if yours is already red, I, personally, wouldn't think I was getting off without lol. As long as it's not infected you should be ok, but being red can just mean the skin is stretching

P.s mine never closed, but nothing I've had pierced ever does.. I haven't worn a nose ring for over 5 years but I would bet anything that it's still open :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->