Belly button agony and winded.

Emma247

Reaction score
Hi everyone.
I'm 27 + 4 and since 27 weeks I've had a painful belly button.
From what I've read on the Internet it seems normal as my inny is almost an outy.
But it's not just sore, it's absolute agony! I can't get comfy it hurts so much, if anyone or thing touches I'm hurled over in pain.
I coughed earlier and a sharp pain shot through it and even when I walk its like something is pulling my down through an invisible string through my belly button, I'm sort of walking around with my back hunched over coz I can't straighten up. I also feel constantly winded :(

Should I see someone?

I would see a doctor just in case. Sounds like it could be a hernia. Or then again could just be the woes of pregnancy but better to be safe than sorry. Good luck!

I'm not sure about the belly button, but you are likely to feel winded until the baby drops.

Yes, hun. See your doctor. It could be "normal" belly button pop but it could also be a hernia. My step sister had a hernia that she had to have surgery on after baby was born. :hugs:

(I also get winded so easily! That is probably unrelated to your belly button thing and pretty common. But you may as well mention it to your Dr. when (s)he is checking out your belly )

I had a hernia with my second pregnancy and felt just like that. I would definitely bring it up to your dr. There isn't much they can do til baby comes but if you happen to end up with a c-section you can get it fixed at that time If you plan ahead.

Hi all,
Thank you for your replies, only just seen them.
Turns out it was a trapped umbilical hernia and because it was trapped and painful they had to operate!
Got a lovely 3 inch cut across my tummy but baby is fine and I'm not in pain anymore so glad it all went well.

Xx

So glad to hear this got resolved and hopefully now you will feel much better!

im definitely winded too. since 28 weeks ive been out of breath and can hardly breathe while im at work standing or walking around, which contributes to my already-present faint/dizzy feelings. my belly button also is an inny and has been an outy for some time now... it was painful to press a few weeks ago but lately i can press it and it doesnt hurt at all anymore. although its definitely plump now so i dont like to press it for that reason!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->