Belly ring starting to hurt

cupcake

Mommy of a gorgeous boy!
Reaction score
at the top of my belly ring its starting to get sensitive ,
and i noticed a tad red
think its time to take it out?
dont want it to get infected and its never been infected ever

sounds like it's time - maybe it's catching on your clothing mroe now?

I took mine out right away after I got my BFP - I knew I'd have to at some point and didnt somehow like the idea of it there with baby..daft I know.

I recently had to remove mine because my belly button is starting to come out. The hole where the bar goes looks really funny. It's got really stretched.

I don't think mine will close up because it's been healed for years now but the top bit of skin is looking very thin. Will have to see after my belly is back to "normal" and maybe get it done again.

Mine started to go red then i put a maternity bar in, and its fine now, will prob look weird though when my belly button decides to pop out!

Mine is still hanging there! hopefully I won't have to take it off.

Check out the maternity belly rings that are out there. Ebay or pregnancybellyrings.com Lots of options now.

take it out u could always get it repieced it will not hurt as much as childbirth heheheh

i dont recommend repiercing lol its sooo painful! id take it out tho and put a maternity ring in just incase x

your biggest concern should be having the piercing migrate out of the skin from the excessive pressure.. leaving a real nasty scar, worse then how the piercing gets when it stretches after taking the bar out.

change the bar to a flexible tygon (also used during xrays).depending on your body, and how deep the piercing was originally done, you should be able to keep it throughout the pregnancy.

good luck!

(tried to post a link to a site that sells tygon body jewellery but couldn't because i dont have enough posts!.. just google it!)

Ive got one at the top and one at the bottom... I took the top one out the other day because I lost the ball off it so it wouldn't have stayed in, but now the bottom one is starting to get a bit uncomfortable and I think it might be growing out. Pregnancy belly bars are probably a good idea :) You can get them on ebay I think.

xxx

today its really sensitive to touch and a redder around the hole itself

I would just take your ring out for now and order a maternity one. Mine works great and flexes with me.

if i take it out and have to wait for a maternity one will it close?

How long have you had it for? Ive had my top one done about *thinks* 6 or 7 years now and it hasnt closed up yet even though the bar has been out a couple of weeks. I keep putting it back through though every few days to make sure it doesnt close.

xxx

I should think itll be ok for a couple of weeks!

xxx

I had to take mine out at about 5 months I think it was and put a maternity bar in because the piercing was beginning to reject and I was really paranoid that it was going to rip out or something. lol
I hate the maternity bar though...its just not the same =[

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->