Belly rubbing...

Liesje

Reaction score
Am I the only one who finds itinsanely uncomfortable to watch a pregnant woman rub her belly while talking?
I don't mean this to offend people who do it, just wondering if it's just a quirk of mine or it effects other people too? To me it seems like a really personal thing to be doing while trying to talk to someone... ?

To be honest it's most likely they do it without even realising - it's a totally normal thing to do, especially if baby is kicking x

i agree with bigbetty. i used to always rub my bump half the time i wouldt realise i was doing it.

yep agree with big betty..
i used to do it alot, especially if she was kicking/ramming her feet under my ribs etc. x

I never used to rub my bump, but I did have people guess I was pregnant just from the way my hand used to casually gravitate towards my stomach! I didn't even notice. x

Oh yeah I would do it without noticing but sometimes I would have to push my fist into my bump really hard to get baby out of my ribs...I would get kids I was teaching asking if I was alright LOL

I found it more annoying when they tried to rub my stomach while talking, I slapped a fair few hands when I was pregnant :)

I found it more annoying when they tried to rub my stomach while talking, I slapped a fair few hands when I was pregnant :)

LOL that happened to me ONCE... They caught me off guard... I didn't respond well!

The other month when I was pregnant before the mc one of the girls at work came up and put her hand on my stomach and said "oh your getting a bump" I couldnt help but reply "im only 9 weeks, thats my fat your rubbing" she soon removed her hand and left quickly :)

It doesn't bother me but then I don't see it as a particularly personal thing to do. I don't think I rubbed my bump much unless it was painful, I did rest my hands on it a lot though.

Its mostly a subconcious thing to do even women in early stages do it as a mixture of being protective and pride.
I normaly can tell if a womans pregnant long before they announce it (have shocked a few with that in the past) just by the way they stand.
If its a pregnancy thing they hild their hand horizontaly across them without even realising it and verticaly on the side of their stomach if its af.
I remember watching nicole kidman doing a aceptance speach once and saying to oh shes pregnant and him saying dont be stupid shes skinny as anything and i said look how shes standing and where hand is.
2 months later she announced she was 14 weeks pregnant.
Same with a girl at work, i accidently just came out with asking her when she was due and just looked at me realy shocked turned out she was 10 weeks

i agree its a subconcious thing i never realised i was doing it lol :)

I don't even know if I rub my bump whilst talking I do rest my hand on the top alot though. It's just so comfy! :)

No doesn't bother me at all. I love seeing bumps. I was forever touching my belly because Alfie kicked and rolled alot and it was lovely feeling them, I think like other people said you do it subconsciously half the time. Xx

I find it annoying, but that's because I'm infertile.

I used to think that was it with me also, I never thought I'd be having kids so I thought I was secretly jealous or something, but even when I was pregnant it still bugged me, now that I have a baby I'm still weirded out by it... Can't figure it out.

I don't mind seeing it, i actually think it's cute :haha:

Definitely a subconscious thing with me. I'm probably scratching rather than rubbing, but to me it's no different than scratching my ear or face lol

i used to do it.cant help it especially if its sticking out in front of me and feels comforting like stroking baby. i dont see why its personal or anything to rub a belly that belongs to you! its not rude or anything

Doesn't bother me a bit, I see it no differently than if they were holding their child in their arms and rubbing his/her back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->