Bellybutton/umbilical cord help! *pics*

sammie18

Mommy to Allison
Reaction score
When I went to change allison's diaper a few minutes ago I noticed her bellybutton/umbilical cord didnt look to good and it was bloody. I called my mil and she said her umbilical cord should have fallen off by now, I told her allison has a doc appt tomorrow so she said just to wait to take her in. I dont know if I should wait cause it doesnt really look that good. Im new to this all so I have NO IDEA if its supposed to look like this or if its normal..To me it dont look good and looks pretty painfull. Can somone look at the pics and tell me if this is normal or not and what I should do!!! THANKS!

https://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h85/msammys/001-6.jpg

https://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h85/msammys/002-5.jpg

I think it doesnt look too bad hun it just looks like where its starting to come away now. Cant remember if Brooke's was that bloody but there deffo was a bit of blood.

It looks normal to me hun, but I'm not a professional :hugs:

Ok I have no clue what the hell its supposed to look like and what it isnt supposed to look like lol so i was kinda freaking out :p But if it looks normal to you guys then I feel a little bit better

I think it looks like that right before it actually drops off, and then just goes to a normal scab.

Olivias looked similar to this and was quite bloody. Olivias was bloody from about 3 days and fell off on the 7th day, I think it looks fine. If your worried get HV/MW to check it out. But i'd just keep cleaning round it with cotton wool and luke warm water

x

looks normal to me. i was terrified too. then before i knew it it had dropped off. xxx

As long as it is dry (no pussy stuff coming from it) and doesn't smell bad I wouldn't worry - I think it looks normal, but I'd show it to the doctor tomorrow anyway just to make sure everything's ok x

Yeah it looked normal to me too, we were told that it would drop off before she was 14 days old and it was still there at a month old.. Lol

That looks alot like Claire's did. I was so worried there was an infection, but it was fine. Show it to your doctor if you are still unsure. :)

It looks really normal for me. Lincoln's cord was just like that half way to come out.. a bit bloody you know and that's what the nurse told me what was gonna happen and just clean it with the alcohol with cotton wool bud in morning and evening

Hello, yes it looks normal. Elliot's looked the same just before it dropped off. I just gently wiped around it to keep the area clean.

keely.

looks pretty normal too me too, i would clean it with cooled boiled water, but still get it checked, just in case x

Laylas fell off after 4 or 5 days so Im not really sure. It doesnt look infected though, but do ask when you see the doc.x x x x

Looks ok to me as well. My LO's took 2 weeks to drop off and I was told that a bit of blood is normal but the thing to watch out for was a red rash spreading out across the tummy from the belly button. Its such a relief when the thing drops off - its really gross!

Millie had some trouble with her cord wound, as long as it's dry and not yellow i think it's okay

Looks the same as all my babies cord stumps have looked babe, so don't panic. Some fall of in 2 days and others can take up to a fortnight but it's usually around a week (ish)

Looks ok. Leo's came off at 6 days old but was still a bit bloody for about a week.
Just keep it clean and it should be fine
x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
abourne499
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"