bellybutton

welshcakes79

TTC + mum to Reebs
Reaction score
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Has any one else's baby's cord taken longer than average to drop off??? Rhiannon is now 2 weeks and 5 days old and she still has her cord attatched, the health visitor has said that it is starting to come away on the right side but that the left is still anchored (her words not mine) firmly... the midwife is reluctant to discharge us untill its come away and now there is talk of having some nitrate sliver thiingy magig to help it... is my daughter the only one to have gone through this or has anyone else's baby held onto theirs too??

Think she was about a week and half :D

typical lol knew my daughter didnt like parting with her wind after her food but now she even wants to hold on to her manky old umbilical cord lol... how tight is she :rofl:

looks like its going to have to come off with some help, health visitor said something about some silver nitrate stuff that the dr uses to help lift it from the belly.... bugger, why does she inflict these things on herself?? first all the crappy tests in SCBU and now this.. she must love being poked and prodded!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->