Benefits

trolleydollyx

Reaction score
Money worries are really getting me down. I can't sleep at night knowing I have so much debt.
My partner works full time and earns about £1600 a month. I work part time and I'm lucky if I earn over £800 a month. Money is really tight with lots of outgoings and leaves us with practically nothing at the end of the month.
I have a child from a previous relationship and I receive child benefit of £20 a week but that's all the benefits I have.
Does anyone know if I'm entitled to child or working tax credits? I have a funny feeling my partners earnings will be too much but we literally see none of that money!
Just don't know how we're going to afford this baby.

Hope someone can help me xxx

Your earnings are quite high yo be eligible. Might help if you write all your outgoings down so you can see exactly where the money is going. How much is spent on your main bills?

If you pay for childcare you may be able to claim tax credits towards childcare costs with those wages depending on a few other things.

I wouldnt think, your income is similar to ours and we also only get child benefit. If your paying childcare you might get helo with that though

If u have debt and are struggling to live i would suggest speaking to payplan.
They are like CAB but better. They really helped us and we were on similar wages yet never saw a penny as it all went out

We have written everything down but just got so much debt and paying off loans and credit cards literally leaves us with nothing at the end of the month and really struggling to make ends meet.
What do the citizens advice do for you?

Many thanks for all your replies xxx

I have heard of people declaring themselves bankrupt, maybe that's an option?

Sounds like you need to go to a debt advice charity hun, I think there's a few xx

Sometimes consolidating your debt to just one helps. Eg get a loan and pay off all your debts so you're left with just one payment each month. That depends on your credit rating. Interest charged on lots of separate debt adds up.
If your debt is that high and you can't make minimum payments then I'd speak to citizens advice as they maybe able to help come up with a suitable plan that's affordable.
Good luck

I can Reccomend step change which is a charity. Basically its a debt management olan but u write off all ur interest and pay a more realistic amount back a month u pay direct ro them and then they split it bewtween all the places u owe they all get an equal amount. They send u a budget plan and suggest what u should be budgeting. For a family of four for example we budgeted 500 a month ex amount for petrol etc all ue bills get included and then u pay back a month a reasonable amount. It wont leve u with loada of spare cash because obviously u have to pay the debts off but everythibg ia budgetrd for so u put so much back for car maintenance hair clothes each month

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->