Besides myself for something I done :(

you say you think he has autism, think about Aspergers Syndrome. my sister has it and it sounds very likely from what you are describing. you could do some research or talk to a doctor about it first, before trying to tackle it with your son.

it also sounds like you definitely need a break, a step away from the stresses of life. if youre prone to depression, this could be even harder for you.

this is all from previous experience, i know how depression and aspergers and stress work in the real world, it can be a big strain. so try and have a break if you can.

remember that he is your son, he does love you. children are very forgiving at times, and hes proved this be responding to your apology and hug. best wishes and support to you, :) xxx

you say you think he has autism, think about Aspergers Syndrome. my sister has it and it sounds very likely from what you are describing. you could do some research or talk to a doctor about it first, before trying to tackle it with your son.

it also sounds like you definitely need a break, a step away from the stresses of life. if youre prone to depression, this could be even harder for you.

this is all from previous experience, i know how depression and aspergers and stress work in the real world, it can be a big strain. so try and have a break if you can.

remember that he is your son, he does love you. children are very forgiving at times, and hes proved this be responding to your apology and hug. best wishes and support to you, :) xxx

sorry, only just seen the second page about AS. hope you can work something out. hugs going your way :) :hugs: xxx

sorry, only just seen the second page about AS. hope you can work something out. hugs going your way :) :hugs: xxx

Thank you
I have put in for an appointment with my dr and go figure he becomes more cohearant and responsive, but it doesnt last long. I find he gets worse from a weekend at his dads with his older brothers. Ugh, not gonnabe fun and holidays coming.

Thank you ladies. have a wonderful holiday and weekend. :hugs:

Don't feel bad hun, I'm going through stuff at the moment with my dd who's nearly 13. When she starts I step away and ignore her that bother's her more than anything. Hope your appointment goes well x

I spent 2yrs working with young adults on the Autistic Spectrum Disorder and this sounds very much like Aspergers which is at the higher end of the spectrum. The fact that his behaviour is worse when he comes backfrom his father's would it in with this scenario too, as individuals on the spectrum prefer a rigid routine and find it hard to cope with changes to that routine, such as the visits to dad's, and someone watching tv instead of eating when they are used to the tv not being on at that time. It makes it hard for them to let go of whatever the particular upset is at the time. The squealing is a vocalisation of annoyance, and may sometimes be accompanied by a repetative action which appears to be done as a way of self comforting and is often called stimming. Short term memory problems occur often and can only be overcome by repitition in routine. They find it hard to relate to emotions and often misread emotional signals from others. Many often also experience some form of epilepsy, which can range from severe seizures to very mild ones that are characterized by sudden changes in behaviour or periods of up to 20seconds of absences that appear to be daydreams. It is often overlooked but can be picked up during the diagnostic process.

If you have a camcorder, record his behaviour. It can help with getting a correct diagnosis, much quicker.

Diagnosis and the resulting medication can help to calm the individual and make life easier. However, with prolonged medication use the individual often develops a slow gait (their movements slow down) but this is through years and years of medication.

Hope that helps hon, goodluck, and don't be too hard on yourself xx

I spent 2yrs working with young adults on the Autistic Spectrum Disorder and this sounds very much like Aspergers which is at the higher end of the spectrum. The fact that his behaviour is worse when he comes backfrom his father's would it in with this scenario too, as individuals on the spectrum prefer a rigid routine and find it hard to cope with changes to that routine, such as the visits to dad's, and someone watching tv instead of eating when they are used to the tv not being on at that time. It makes it hard for them to let go of whatever the particular upset is at the time. The squealing is a vocalisation of annoyance, and may sometimes be accompanied by a repetative action which appears to be done as a way of self comforting and is often called stimming. Short term memory problems occur often and can only be overcome by repitition in routine. They find it hard to relate to emotions and often misread emotional signals from others. Many often also experience some form of epilepsy, which can range from severe seizures to very mild ones that are characterized by sudden changes in behaviour or periods of up to 20seconds of absences that appear to be daydreams. It is often overlooked but can be picked up during the diagnostic process.

If you have a camcorder, record his behaviour. It can help with getting a correct diagnosis, much quicker.

Diagnosis and the resulting medication can help to calm the individual and make life easier. However, with prolonged medication use the individual often develops a slow gait (their movements slow down) but this is through years and years of medication.

Hope that helps hon, goodluck, and don't be too hard on yourself xx

wow thanks.
I will belooking into it. I just have to figure out why his brothes are bugging him all of a sudden. I tell them to leave him alone when he is in this state of behaviour and they continue, making the situation worse. :growlmad:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->