Best only get sick Mon-Fri then

Nibblenic

Reaction score
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-15895663

I know personally that they have chosen not to have many or any in some departments in on a weekend, as they cost too much. They are now running on minimal staff, which is obviously not meeting need.

:nope:

To be expected though the way things are handled :( The idea we're supposed to swallow, that the same level of care can be possible with less resources.... how that's supposed to work I will never know.

Better stop drinking at the weekends then :haha:

My local A&E now closes at 10pm of an evening so lets not get into any accidents after then else we're buggered!

I know its stupid apparently the first night it closed at 10pm last week the last patient left at 2.10am and was "a huge success"....WTF!

We have 2 hospitals near us, one doesn't have an a and e, but it has a walk in centre. and the other has an a and e but ovb gets busy because the others in the area dont.

We had to take Oliver on a weekend once as he wasnt right and we had to wait 4 hours just to be told to go home and come back if it gets worse.

I feel sorry for the poor nurses, OH's mum is a nurse and she has said that people have ended up dead because they havent been able to give them the best care, she works with breathing problems etc. x

I think a huge amount of the staff in the NHS feel that the care isnt to a good standard anymore. They cannot say it though not publicly.

I worry how little the general public knows about the changes in their local hospitals and how it really is killing people.

I have said the same, i dont think us as the public really realise what is going on, and i dont think we ever will.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->