Best shops for office wear (UK)

Moominmummy1

Mummy of 2
Reaction score
I have recently been told I will be moving to a new role on a new location in the next few months.I currently mainly wear jeans to work but this is a no no in my new area of work.I wI'll need to and trousers as I'm not really a skirt or dress person!
Do any of you ladies have any recommendations for uk based shops or online for smart casual office wear.
I haven't bought any office type clothing for around 4 years now since having kids also I don't have loads of money to spend.Thanks

I have recently been told I will be moving to a new role on a new location in the next few months.I currently mainly wear jeans to work but this is a no no in my new area of work.I wI'll need to and trousers as I'm not really a skirt or dress person!
Do any of you ladies have any recommendations for uk based shops or online for smart casual office wear.
I haven't bought any office type clothing for around 4 years now since having kids also I don't have loads of money to spend.Thanks

My work is sort of smart casual, I wouldn’t wear jeans but I wouldn’t wear tailored clothes etc. I like cigarette style trousers with blouses or sweatshirts, I generally find if I have smart shoes/trousers (brogues, I don’t wear heels) then I can get away with more casual tops. I’m saying this because I have found that Oasis has lovely stuff for this kind of dressing. I always find I end up dressing more casually than when I first start ha. I love Uniqlo shirts.

Thanks, actually my local Oasis used to be great but sadly closed down last summer. I will have a look online as I think I can buy from Oasis via Debenhams online.
Yes I did start my current job wearing trousers etc and it was a slippery slope to wearing jeans all the time.I have always have problems getting trousers to fit me so just took the easiest route.
I haven't heard of Uniqlo so will take a look.

I like Dorothy Perkins for work wear although I tend to wear the Jersey dresses rather than trousers as they're super comfy and are easy to wear and look smart in.

They do have some lovely looking trousers and an almost constant 50% off sale.

Sainsbury are worth a look too, they have they're 25% off all clothes and shoes mid Feb. I bought some work boots from there and they've lasted a couple of years, still look good and are comfy.

Next is good for officewear and probably still have a sale on too. Dorothy Perkins is a favourite of mine for dresses for work and they have a trousers too.

I usually end up in next for slightly boring but suitable workwear mixed in with a few other pieces. Their stuff washes well and lasts.
They do petite, regular and tall length trousers.

Next, John Lewis, Debenhams, TU, Matalan, ASOS, H&M all of these will have a variety of work wear

Next, Zara, Dorothy Perkins, Warehouse, ASOS, New Look (have nice trousers) xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"