Best time to do opks?

jellybean87

mum to 1 and expecting
Reaction score
What is the best time of the day to do opks and does it need to be the same time everyday?

What is the best time of the day to do opks and does it need to be the same time everyday?

Good luck finding an answer! There are a lot of differing opinions on this. Most people will say late morning and late afternoon. My opk's say fmu but I have read not to use fmu.
I got my first positive with fmu then a second positive at like 330.
It really depends when you have your surge. MOST women have their surge in the afternoon, but not all of them.
If I don't get a bfp thi cycle I am going to test 3 times a day next time. Fmu, afternoon and eveing. Once you get a positive you can always follow up with a digital just to be sure you didn't get a false positive. If you get a positive with fmu still do afternoon and evening just to be sure.
I hope this makes sense!

IC opk say afternoon because LH is produced in the morning and doesnt show in the urine until afternoon. advanced digital OPK says FMU, that is because it also tests estrogen, which shows in the morning. Last cycle, I only used ic's and once I saw the line darkening, I tested 2-3 times a day until my positive. I got a definite positive at 10 AM with them, so I really think it depends more on what time the surge hapens and how long the surge lasts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->