BETA levels and ultrasound...help please

Dtrisha

Reaction score
So basically the doc and me are worried about this pregnancy. From LMP it would put me at 6 weeks 1 day. I got a ultrasound in ER on Wednesday. The lady said she couldn't find anything and the doc said I either have cyst or baby is in Fallopian tube. Then another ultrasound the next day with better equipment from the office in the hospital and she said I see something in your uterus just not sure what it is yet. Got my blood drawn the first time I was ER and then 48 hours later and they only went up by like 20% or so. So when the doctor called me she didn't get the second ultrasound that showed something in my uterus and just went off blood work and I was a hot mess because she thinks its ectopic or bad pregnancy. So does anyone know what I should do? I have to go back to ER tomorrow for more blood and another ultrasound. Could they have found something weird in my uterus ? Or do you think it's gestational sac. I'm jut so confused and need help/support.

Well I don't remember exactly cause she told me over the phone and I was hysterical. I think like 420-500 or something. So I'm hoping tomorrow they're better. I just don't get it. The lady showed me what she found in my uterus and she was like it looks like a gestational sac just small but I can't say cause I'm not the doctor. And she thought the things on my ovaries were cyst too. But again couldn't say cause she's not the doctor ugh.

Oh and I went to the ER the first time because I was seeing blood but only when I wiped and they said usually that normal. I've just seen so many people have low levels then rise. My doctor said I could be wrong but usually numbers like that are not good. :(

I think you will be fine, usually they can't see anything on ultrasound until levels are over 1200 and even then you would just see a sac. Are you sure on your dates?

if you can have a mooch through my old posts you will see I had something similar. I was told I had a pregnancy of unknown location and then pregnancy of unknown viability.
I went for scans and nothing was found, I was having pains on one side of my stomach also, they took bloods and repeated them 48 hours apart, they look for a % increase and that at this time as they are not able to see much on the scans they use them as a guide to see how the pregnancy is progressing. (they are unable to see anything on a scan unless your levels are 2000 or more) I found this out the hard way...

good luck keep us posted but I would say from experience it just may be that you are too early, my dates were exactly right but I was still a week different from scans
h xx

No that's what I'm confused about to. They just estimated cause of my LMP.

Yeah I'm not going to do anything till I see the next blood work and stuff. If they're seeing something in my uterus it makes me somewhat hopeful but I don't want to get my hopes up either ..

By the sound of it, your LO may have implanted late. I think you'll be able to see something in a week. When my beta was 985 something my scan was a week and half later and all they saw was the gestational sac, two weeks later there was a baby to see.

Yeah I'm just hoping tomorrow my blood count will be up. I'm so worried. I really don't think it's ectopic but I can't say I'm not the doc. I'm hoping what they saw in my uterus is a gestational sac and its early and I'm a miracle story like some ... I can dream can't I?

Only 600 beta today. Ugh. Only going up like 100 every 48 hours

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"