beta levels????

Razzle823

Reaction score
beta levels question!!!!!?
My last period was June 13th to june 18th...i dont have a regular cycle, anywhere from 30 to 40 days. I had a positive ovulation test on july 5th so we tried that day. Pretty sure i ovulated the 6th or 7th. On July 16th i had two positive hpts. Then july 17th i had two more and took blood test. My level was at 16iu so they wanted to retest me in 48 hours. I was around 10dpo. On july 19th i had a stronger positive test and another blood test and was at 33iu and was at 12dpo. It doubled. So they told me to schedule an obgyn appointment. Is this good for being so early? I know it more depends on the doubling but was worried bc it was kinda low. I need some reassurance that our baby will be alright. I know gestational id be 2 weeks or am i 4 weeks. Sorry first timer here!!! Thanks!!!

Sounds fine to me. Everyone is different and there is a big range of "normal" levels. Relax, enjoy xx

Mine was 57 at 16dpo so would have been similar or lower than yours at 10 and 12, good luck :)

Sounds fine to me. Everyone is different and there is a big range of "normal" levels. Relax, enjoy xx

Thank you. Im just a bit freaked out bc this is my first pregnancy after trying for 3 years!!!:happydance:

Thank you. Im just a bit freaked out bc this is my first pregnancy after trying for 3 years!!!:happydance:

I was the same. I'm sure everything will be just fine. Only thing I can advise is stay off google and enjoy every minute. Good luck, happy healthy 9 months.

Oh and you start counting from lmp, so you are 4 weeks ish, weird ehh.

I was the same. I'm sure everything will be just fine. Only thing I can advise is stay off google and enjoy every minute. Good luck, happy healthy 9 months.

Oh and you start counting from lmp, so you are 4 weeks ish, weird ehh.

Oh gosh i am an internet junkie. Lol my husband keeps tellig me all will be fine. I really should listen to him :winkwink: thank you though. I will stay off googling and enjoy this pregnancy. And 4 weeks...it is weird lol. Do they go by the 4 weeks for when counting the trimester. Like in 8 more weeks ill be in safe zone? Or another 10? Lol om so new to this :haha:

Yep you are 4 weeks cos the weeks start from your last period, so you are 2 weeks when you conceive!

So 8 weeks til you are 12 weeks and in the 2nd trimester :)

Yep you are 4 weeks cos the weeks start from your last period, so you are 2 weeks when you conceive!

Its crazy to think about!!! So do they go by the 4 weeks to set up appts and stuff or conception weeks? And when am i out of the clear for chemical pregnancy or miscarriage? Like how many more weeks lol

They go by your last period date to set appointments. So right now, they may want to see you in 2-4 weeks, when you're 6-8 weeks along :)

Every week you stay pregnant is a lower risk of miscarriage. Try not to worry too much about it. But the majority happen before 12 weeks.

My hcg was 18 at 11dpo so it sounds like you're right on track :)

They go by your last period date to set appointments. So right now, they may want to see you in 2-4 weeks, when you're 6-8 weeks along :)

Every week you stay pregnant is a lower risk of miscarriage. Try not to worry too much about it. But the majority happen before 12 weeks.

My hcg was 18 at 11dpo so it sounds like you're right on track :)[/QUOTE

Yay!!! Perfect! So is that when they do the ultrasound at 8 weeks? I know i should know more but we honestly thought after 3 years it wouldnt happen!! Lol

They sometimes do a dating scan anywhere from 6-8ish weeks, but the NT scan is at 12 weeks and that's the one alot of people wait for til they announce the pregnancy

If you have a dating scan then thats when they confirm a viable pregnancy in your uterus (and you can dismiss things like blighted ovums, chemical pregnancies, ectopic pregnancies etc)

They sometimes do a dating scan anywhere from 6-8ish weeks, but the NT scan is at 12 weeks and that's the one alot of people wait for til they announce the pregnancy

If you have a dating scan then thats when they confirm a viable pregnancy in your uterus (and you can dismiss things like blighted ovums, chemical pregnancies, ectopic pregnancies etc)

Oh ok. Its so hard to wait!! If my levels doubled within those two days in 46 hours i have a good chance right?

Its a good start :) Think positively, pregnancy is such a big waiting game!

I just saw this thread when searching for beta levels. I think I O'd on the 24th but have been trying for 4 years (similar to you Razzle) so didn't think it'd happen. I rarely O at all. My LP is always 14 days ( I know from induced ovulation with the RE) and my cycle didn't come so I figured I didn't O. Finally on Aug 10th or about 16-17dpo I took a test and it was a BFP! Got beta's drawn yesterday as well as progesterone. So at about 17-18dpo my levels were 405. I suppose that's good right? I'm waiting on my progesterone to come back. I can't wait for these next 8 weeks to be over!

How are you coming along Razzle?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->