Better to bd everyday or every other day?

Ambermichelle

Reaction score
I've heard it go back and forth :/ I'm approaching ovulation and wanted to know if it's better to bd everyday or give the little guys a rest for a day. :haha:

I've heard current research says every day now. They used to suggest every other day to let them build back up but apparently one day is suffice.

Hello! I am hoping over from third trimester! I have no idea how I got to clicking around but wanting to let you know I debated the same thing and we decided to BD everyday and it worked our first month. I read that doing it every day only is a bad thing if your OH has a low sperm count. Good luck... I'm wishing you all the best!

Hello! I am hoping over from third trimester! I have no idea how I got to clicking around but wanting to let you know I debated the same thing and we decided to BD everyday and it worked our first month. I read that doing it every day only is a bad thing if your OH has a low sperm count. Good luck... I'm wishing you all the best!

Thanks so much for the info and congrats on your pregnancy!!! Hoping to be there soon :) and thanks for the info. DH has varicose veins in his testies, but doctor said since we've only been trying for 3 months, there's no way to know if this is affecting his sperm count. Soooo idk if he does or not! :( this is so confusing

im planning on bd every other day from when af stops and then from cd 12 - 16 every day.

good luck!!

Every other day worked 3x for me.

But it really depends on your dh's sperm count more than anything.

My friend and I are both ttc together and her and I went on an internet search for the answer to this very question just the other day! (lol) And we came to the conclusion that if your DH's sperm count is healthy, every 24 hours is perfectly fine. But that means ONCE a day and he has to save up after that time each day. (No masturbating, ect.) Cause you have to reserve what he has for the next round and you want a good shot! We tried this method this time around and I believe Im coming to the end of my fertile week. We shall see how all this sexin' has worked out for us... hahaha

Eod hasn't worked for us for 4 cycles so we're trying everyday from cd14 until 2 days after my positive opk. I usually get that on cd18 so we're covered if its a bit earlier.

I just tried the every other day thing and I'm def going back to everyday...i conceived my son with the everyday method so I have a feeling that'll work for us again. I actually remember the time we bd'ed the night before so I can TRY and make sure the full 24hrs have passed (dh drinks alot of mtn dew) lol bad for the swimmers! & he takes 25mlgs of zinc/day to help with any issue of sperm count. I have NO CLUE if we even have those issues but better be safe than sorry! Lol plus it makes me feel better about bd'ing everyday while ttc. Good luck!!

Hahah, thanks for all the great advice ladies! I've been bding everyday for the last week (we skipped two days, shhhh ;) ) and starting from today until Thursday, we'll bd everyday :D hopefully this will work!!

I'd love to bd every day but I don't think my poor foo foo could take it!

I've heard it go back and forth :/ I'm approaching ovulation and wanted to know if it's better to bd everyday or give the little guys a rest for a day. :haha:

Every day can be overwhelming and unrealistic for some couples in certain situations. Every other day is still a great option because if you have your fertile CM, sperm can live in it and be nourished by it for up to a few days. Some couples feel that BDing every day becomes more of a chore if they feel pressured to BD every day. Not saying it's not possible, just saying it's not for everybody.

Lots of :dust: to everyone!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->