• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Better to just go back to NTNP??

Nat0619

Mummy :-)
Reaction score
Ladies

I'm thinking of going back to just DTD when we feel like it but obviously not preventing anything.

I've had 6 months of timing everything perfectly and am finding it so stressful that I think I need at least a month or two off, particularly as I'm going to be starting a new job some time soon. We also have a holiday to Cornwall week after next and I really fancy just enjoying the break, enjoying a drink and not worrying about checking the CBFM every morning.

Anyone else feel like this? Or am I just having a bad day? x

There's nothing wrong with taking some time off. I've done it before...in fact, I just go month by month and see how I'm feeling. If I feel like trying hard that month, then we will, other wise we just go with the flow. Sometimes, in my opinion, there's no sense in trying when your heart is not in it. There's always tomorrow, so I say enjoy yourself a little bit:wine:...but don't over do it:winkwink:

I've ditched the monitor, thermometer and opks a while ago. It is so much better, but unfortunately (well, really it is fortunate!) I do get very distinctive ovulation pains, so I'm still not really ntnp. Instead of waiting for the peak on the monitor, I wait for the stiches, and even if I didn't have that, because I am pretty regular, I would still wait for cd10... I guess the only way to be totally trully ntnp would be to have no idea at all where I am in my cycle, and well.... I haven't managed to get to that stage. It ironic how before I got with my partner, I wouldn't have had a clue, so much that I regularly got caught by the witch having totally lost track of how long it's been since my last AF. Nowadays, even without wanting to keep track, I don't think it would take me more than 1/2 second thinking to know exactly which day I am on!

Still, I'm glad not to stress about poas and making sure to reset my monitor, and in the end, it is probably the best place to be as I think i would still stress with ntnp that we don't bd enough.

Enjoy yourself whilst you're away. Any case, you don't have to worry, if your are on holiday, you are much more likely to enjoying some nice bding sessions and so it is unlikely you will miss your chance this month.

i'm doing the same this month, decided to ditch the OV tests etc and just get on with life as normal but like you FBbaby I think I know my signs too well now, so although part of the decision was for me not to initiate :sex: I still noticed that when my OH got a bit randy, it just so happened to be at times which felt like the right days anyway :happydance: who knows maybe its a pheromone thing but definate a lot less stressful than last month and I'm still kinda hopeful we got the job done :thumbup:

Thanks for replies ladies.

I agree though, I know I won't end up really 'not trying' as I too know my cycle well and get very obvious Ov pains. So I'll probably still find myself thinking "It's the right time, better get down to it!" :winkwink:

Of course, I am in all this talk ruling myself out of this month, which isn't over yet. AF due in 2-3 days. Got lots of tingling/shooting pains in (.)(.)s today but they aren't at all sore when I press them. Quite tired too. But I did a FR earlier today (although not FMU) and BFN. So don't reckon I am preg this month.

x

PS One4me2 - where did you find the little icon that is the smiley face jumping in the glass of wine? I love it, really made me smile :kiss:

PS One4me2 - where did you find the little icon that is the smiley face jumping in the glass of wine? I love it, really made me smile :kiss:

When you go to the Smiles, just click "more" at the bottom left under the "growl" face and it brings up more to choose from...BTW...glad it made you smile.

Thanks for replies ladies.

I agree though, I know I won't end up really 'not trying' as I too know my cycle well and get very obvious Ov pains. So I'll probably still find myself thinking "It's the right time, better get down to it!" :winkwink:

Of course, I am in all this talk ruling myself out of this month, which isn't over yet. AF due in 2-3 days. Got lots of tingling/shooting pains in (.)(.)s today but they aren't at all sore when I press them. Quite tired too. But I did a FR earlier today (although not FMU) and BFN. So don't reckon I am preg this month.

x

I don't think we ever stop trying until we finally say that we're done. Just try to take it one month at a time and go with how you feel.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
irenetta
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->