BF and sleep question - one month old baby

Livebythesea

Reaction score
My baby is one month old. At night when he sleeps in his crib he sleeps for about an hour or hour and a half before needing to feed again. Now he sleeps in the bed with me and sleeps two hours or so at a time mostly before needing another feed. My sister-in-law thinks I may not be producing enough milk. Any thoughts?

During the day he doesn't sleep as long.

Thank you

Sounds normal to me! Is he gaining weight well? Is he having plenty of wet and dirty diapers? my lo still eats every two hours mostly at night! :)

You can't tell how much milk you have by how often your baby is feeding, but that behavior sounds very normal for a 1-month-old. My LO nursed constantly during the first few months even though I had a massive oversupply.

As long as he's gaining weight and has plenty of weight diapers there's nothing to worry about.

Very very normal.

Please trust your body and ignore people who dont.

Sounds normal to me! Is he gaining weight well? Is he having plenty of wet and dirty diapers? my lo still eats every two hours mostly at night! :)

At his one week appointment he had gained almost a pound, so the doctor said that was good. His one-month appointment is in a couple of days. Yes lots of wet and will be diapers thank you!

My baby is one month old. At night when he sleeps in his crib he sleeps for about an hour or hour and a half before needing to feed again. Now he sleeps in the bed with me and sleeps two hours or so at a time mostly before needing another feed. My sister-in-law thinks I may not be producing enough milk. Any thoughts?

During the day he doesn't sleep as long.

Thank you

Nothing you've said indicates a problem. Breast is best! Good luck!

Normal hun:) hes going longer stretches while sleeping with you because he feels safe cosleeping:) every two hours is good:)

Sounds perfect, well done! You're doing great.

Sounds perfectly normal! Your SIL either didn't BF or forgot everything :)

Completely normal please ignore your sil your doing great. Babies at this age only have really tiny stomachs so need to feed little and often. Imagine the size of a marble when they are first born and it really slowly gets bigger. Also by feeding often and cluster feeding it is how baby signals your body to start increasing milk supply.

Thank you so much for all your kind responses! I am new to this, waited 8 years for him, so I just want to do what's best for him :) and hopefully get some sleep too.

Thank you very much!

Sounds perfectly normal. Breastmilk digests fast so the frequency is normal. He sleeps better when sleeping with you, also normal.

I'm pretty sure my 5 month old wakes every 2 hours to feed some nights, but it's all a blur in the middle of the night so I don't really count. Some nights he feeds two or three times, sometimes I think it's closer to five times...

Awe you're doing it just fine hun. Apparently your milk goes a bit sweeter at night so he'll love that!
My boy was cluster feeding most of the first month. He'll slowly start to have more time between feeds and sleep longer. X

totally normal my one month old is exactly the same :flower:

All Babies are different my first stayed awake all night long til 5 weeks old, my second is only waking between 1-2 and between 5-6

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laree1820
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->