BFing+ P90x- how much should I be eating?

Aimee4311

Reaction score
I posted this in the Breastfeeding section also, but thought some on here may have advice as well.

Has anyone done P90x or anything similar while BFing? I was doing P90x when I got pregnant and was following the portion plan, and felt like I was eating a lot! But I was getting great results.

Should I ignore the eating plan's suggestions of HOW MUCH to eat and just focus on eating healthily?

Or should I follow it loosely and add portions of carbs or snacks?

I don't want to risk my supply by accidentally not eating enough...

OH and I are going to start on the 1st, so I'm trying to do some menu planning.

Hi!

I'm starting P90X on the 31st Dec (just because it's a Monday!), I'm on the WTT boards.

The P90X diets are really well rounded diets, you would be fine sticking to their menus, just make sure I don't eat less than what they are suggesting.

Are you also going to be drinking shakes made from milk? If not you would need to add some into your diet, the Phase 1 is also very low on starchy foods, I think you have a portion of rice every other day if I remember correctly? On the days that haven't got a starch included, maybe have a half portion or even a proper portion if you're happy to?

I'm not actually going to be following their diet at all, just the main aspects of it. I've got my calorie count the same and I am following a high protein diet for the first phase which is loosely based on the P90x diet.

One of the days asks for swordfish which is fine when you're breastfeeding but it's recommended for only 1 portion a week (between swordfish, shark and marlin) so just make sure you don't double up on this or any other mercury sources. I'm just using a generic white fish, probably pollock, cod or haddock.

Are you doing P90x classic?

Yup, I'm doing classic. It's what I was doing when I found out I was pregnant. I was almost 45 days in. Which one are you doing?

I won't be following any of he recipes, I look more at the portion approach. Also, I don't like fish of any sort, so no problems there! I'll also be having lots more carbs and fats than it recommends. Basically I'll be eating more than I am now, just more veggies and protein.

I was reading yesterday about BFing while doing P90x on other forums, and every one seemed to agree that there should be no calorie deficit and that I need to eat back any calories I work off. :)

I did p90x while I was pregnant as well, I thought the portion plan actually help me stick to a normal diet rather than giving into my CRAZY cravings haha. I really loved the yoga x DVD. It helped me relieve stress and relax, have you tried it??

Since being pregnant, I've tried to get back into an exercise routine to jumpstart my weight loss. Although I don't think I'm ready to get back into p90x, I started a program to workout my legs and butt. I have some cellulite now which I never had before so I've been doing the Brazil Butt Lift Master Series has been helping! I saw results after only a few uses,my thighs feel and look tighter. I definitely have some serious workouts to put in to get back to my pre-pregnancy body but I think it's a good start! It's great that you're sticking to your exercise routine during your pregnancy :)

I've done P90X a few times and getting ready to start again while BF. I'm on a low calorie diet (1800 calories- 5'5 and 142lbs) because I have oversupply and eating above 1800 calories tends to produce too much milk for me.

What is your height/weight? Level II in the Nutrition plan (which is I think 2200-2400?)should be adequate for most breastfeeding women in order to get in shape, lose a bit of weight, but maintain your milk supply.

The real secret to getting a fit body is not to undereat, but to eat adequately and train properly. That's why you got great results before! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->