• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

BFing toddler in a carrier

AnneD

Reaction score
Has anyone got experience with BFing a toddler in either a mei tai or a ring sling? I've never done it when she was little. How do you do it? Can you sit down or walk around? We'll be having a couple of days when we have to be out and about a lot for various appointments, using public transport and walking a lot. She doesn't nap except in bed with me and breastfeeding, so I am wondering if I could try feeding in the carrier to get her to sleep while either walking or on the bus. She is 19 months old. I am large-chested, I don't know how this impacts the whole thing.

I had to bf my 5 month old today (not the same I know!) in his Connecta and I was just able to wander about, I did have to hold my breast back as I too am busty, but it was fine (except for the bit where I was sorting myself out in a lift and the doors opened faster than I anticipated!)

Yep, I'd normally drop the child down in the carrier a bit - sometimes this means fastening the carrier around my hips rather than waist. I would normally hold my boob until LO is latched and comfortable then let go. A folded or rolled muslin can help if gravity is working against you :) I can walk around but find sitting down is harder with an older child - depends how tall they are as to whether you can sit with them quite low down, but if you're sitting maybe you could just loosen off the straps and let them sit on your lap normally?

Thank you for your relies. I will try and see how it goes. She is quite tall, so it could be interesting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Morris98
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->