BFN but pregnancy symptoms

Lousie598

Reaction score
These last 6 weeks have been a complete nightmare! I had PMT then skipped the period and the PMT symptoms just never left. I am currently skipping my second period so the end I was hoping for is not happening!

I am a total wreck! I am supposed to be losing weight for when we start trying for baby properly in 8 months but my breasts are so hard and painful that just walking hurts never mind running or jumping around!! (plus the chocolate :blush: isn't helping much but it helps me cope!) My stomach is all bloated and horrible to and I just want to fall into bed and sleep by 7pm! Emotionally I am a mess - just reading some articles in the news has me sobbing like a baby. At the moment I have to leave the room when the Great Ormond Street hospital adverts are on TV or I am just in tears! My doctor doesn't care - come back if it hasn't stopped after three months! I keep having arguments with hubby as I am just so messed up at the moment. :dohh:

I have done some home tests and got BFN so I have been putting this down to my PCOS causing me problems. But I was really expecting my next period to arrive. So far my second missed period is a week late and I am starting to get even more confused. Last week I really freaked myself out. I always have a salad for dinner at work my favourite part of it is the cherry tomatoes. So I eat a tomatoe and it is just awful the taste was just all wrong. I ask hubby when I get home to try the tomatoes and he declares them as sweet and delicious! I try another and it ends up in the bin! Just another pregnancy symptom however I cannot pass that one off as PMT! Did another test still BFN. Been looking at lists of anecdotal pregnancy symptoms and I have them all apart from morning sickness!

The issue is the dates just don't add up for me to be pregnant! Yes we have been NTNP as regards to contraception but we have been avoiding the 'riskier' times. The dates just do not add up unless I ovulated either seriously late or really early! No I am sure the is just PCOS! I am so confused and have another month before the doctor will take me seriously!!

Have you tested with more than one brand of test?

Actually that is a good point. I have been using the tesco tests until now as I have heard they were fairly good! Ok tomorrow before work I will go straight to boots and buy one of each! (how weird is that going to look at 7.30 in the morning!) As luck would have it, purely by chance, I am seeing a PCOS expert next week so if all those come up negative I will know for sure then to ask for help!

It is funny because hubby was asking me this morning, if I had any signs of AF turning up and asked are you 100% you are not pregnant! He has seen all my negative tests. He was so disappointed after the first negative 4 weeks ago even though he said he would have preferred our first to be planned not an accident!

I have to stop thinking about this! Found a calculator on line which says that if the tests were wrong then I would be 9 weeks along and it would be due on my sisters birthday - 1 month before our debt free date and original TTC start dates. I like that! grrr need to stop dreaming and start being sensible this is PCOS not a baby!!!!

Just more negative tests to add to the pile. Just have to accept that I am not working properly and try to get doctors to help. Bah you have an illness for so long and it is so hypothetical 'cysts on my ovaries so what!!'- you never expect the illness to actually cause physical problems! Just have to hope that everything gets working for 8 months time when I want my ovaries to work!

It might be worthwhile to get a doctor to do a blood test if you're going to be there anyway. Of course, it could just be your pcos, but it is worth it to make sure. GL with everything.

AF finally bothered to show up the day night before my trip to the doctors. OH and I were both celebrating! Don't feel so broken now! It is absolute agony though! I feel like I am actually having two periods at once!

The doctor told me the importance of having a period every 3 months to avoid the risk of the lining going cancerous which was nice! I was glad I had started bleeding before hearing that! Been recommended to start temping but will keep going for a few months and focus on diet first to see if that helps matters.

Ah well at least I have some experience of taking the tests now!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->