BFN CD 45... Now CD 51 When To Retest/Call It Quits?

PandaLilyBaby

Reaction score
Hey there! As you can tell from the title, I am currently on CD 51 of an average 35 day cycle (sometimes it varies a couple days either way but only been this long one other time). Af was supposed to show around September 12th. I do not currently temp or chart or anything as I'm not exactly "trying" but just not preventing so I guess I can't confirm when I O'd, though MyMonthlyCycles says that it should've been August 29th. My LMP was August 8th and df and I dtd Aug. 24, 27, 30, Sept. 2, 3, 6, 14, 19, 21, and 26th (hopefully I O'd somewhere in there?).

So far I have taken 4 FRER tests that have been BFN's
1. Sept. 6th (6 days before expected af)
2. Sept. 11th (1 day before expected af)
3. Sept. 17th (5 days after expected af)
4. Sept 21st (11 days after expected af)

So, I guess I am just wondering if/when I should re-test? Or should I call it quits for this month and stop obsessing about it?

I have had some symptoms:
Lots of creamy cm :blush: so that I go to bathroom to see if af has showed, very gassy, more frequent trips to the bathroom (every few hours during the day and at least once in the night <-- never used to happen), some twinges and cramps in lower abdomen, one particular time this happened on the left side while I was doing dishes and it hurt so much I gasped and nearly went to my knees but it passed quickly, sometimes I can see more noticeable blue veins in my breasts but they seem to fade and come back :shrug:, also almost daily for a couple weeks I've been getting headaches and heartburn.

Anyone have some words of wisdom to share? Should I retest soon? Anyone have any very late BFP success stories?

When I came off the pill with my first I had long cycles and got my BFP on CD46 or something. The twinge on one side might have been ovulation. When did that happen? I would test again but I use IC so not as expensive as FRER and I don't mind wasting them!

Thanks for your reply!

I have never been on b/c though so I'm not sure why this cycle is so messed up?
I tested again today on my last FRER using FMU because I had a dream I got a BFP, but of course in reality it was another BFN.... Thinking I probably didn't ovulate or something.... Next af is supposed to show around Oct 17th so I think I'll wait to see what happens then before spending any more money on tests.... Thank you for replying though and I'll be sure to update if anything changes!

CD 61 now, still no sign of af coming... haven't tested since bfn cd 52... anyone else with advice? trying to make it through till Oct. 17th when af should have been due again....

Must be a sucky situation to be in but try to hold out. Have u had anymore symptoms? Fx for u xx

Sorry. No advice. Just in the same situation. CD 50, no AF, BFNs, blood test BFN CD35, normal pelvic exam CD 42... Ugh

@itsnowmyturn thanks for replying! As far as "symptoms" go I have had pretty frequent headaches and find myself drinking more water than usual, resulting in more frequent trips to the bathroom.. and tmi.. but on the topic of trips to the bathroom..... I spent two days feeling very constipated to the point that I felt nauseous and then had very (ahem) loose bowels for a day... back to normal now except experiencing a bit more gas than normal... also have been getting this bad acid reflux at night when i first go to bed... not sure if all of this is related or not....

@DobbyForever this situation sucks!! I have not gone to the doctor because I just started a new job in August and currently do not have insurance... plus I hate to go if its just that I didn't ovulate.... trying to hold out.. haven't tested again in over a week...

We're twins! I had the same tummy troubles and water/potty frequency change!

I did just get off bcp though. I know you said you haven't used them. But this is crazy long for me. My longest cycle EVER was getting off of bcp and it was 31 days.

I know it's scary, but you need to go. We're pushing the limit on what is acceptable for period delay.

Sounds like just a bad cycle to me to be honest hun. Alhough ppl have been pregnant with less symptoms. I would just wait it out and test once a week or so just to make sure xx

@DobbyForever lol definitely pushing the limit... I will try to wait till my next cycle was supposed to be due and if no show I'll make an appt.

@itsnowmyturn I suppose I've been feeling like its probably just a bad cycle because surely it would've showed up by now if I was pg.... of course then I google search and see how many women don't find out they are pg until 8+ weeks along....

On CD 67 now, just wanted to update, went on a weekend getaway with DF thinking that surely a long car ride, romantic plans, plus walking around the zoo and downtown Memphis would bring on AF.... but nope... I did have some AF type cramping on the trip down and thought she'd show but nothing yet.... Hate this waiting game... have still not tested again or anything though....

I would wait till then to test again. If that one is missed too I would visit gp xx

Thanks for replying! Trying very hard to be patient.... ugh... this cycle sucks!!

Was just thinking and thought maybe I should add some history... My cycle averages 35 days but truthfully isnt very regular.... Just this year my cycle lengths are as follows:

Jan. 2013: end of 47 day cycle
Feb. 2013: no af
Mar. 2013: no af
April 2013: end 79 day cycle (longest cycle I've ever had)
May 2013: end 30 day cycle
June 2013: end 34 day cycle
July 2013: end 34 day cycle
Aug. 2013: end 30 day cycle

No af since ended Aug. 13.....

Is it "normal" to have two extra long (annovulatory?) cycles in a year?

There is no normal across the general, its what's normal for u. However I would go visit gp as it will make it harder to conceive with cycles like that. Looked like it was trying to regulate itself with the 30-34 day cycles but as this isn't the first time uv missed af I would say ur probably not pregnant particularly as u have had bfn tests. I would make an apt to visit ur gp xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->