Bfn on dollar tree... Af due today

brittanyaliss

Hi there
Reaction score
I guess AF is truly on her way, this is so depressing...... I think I'm either 8 or 9dpo i'm not reall sure but either way i'm due for AF sometime today.. Just waiting for her to arrive

:(
Im curious hunny..are your LP's normaly so short?
because 8-9DPO seems awfully early to be expecting AF.

I usually have 28 day cycles but last month Af came 2 days late.
So if I count my normal 28 day cycle then she would be due today and if I count 31 then she's due Friday... I'm so confused

So if I count my normal 28 day cycle then she would be due today and if I count 31 then she's due Friday... I'm so confused

oh okay...how do you know you are 8dpo? Im assuming you are charting in some way, is that correct? and if so is it your first month charting?
Im asking becuase your period isnt due until youve reached the proper day on your LP. cycle days dont matter so much, what matters is when you ovulated and how long your LP is, to know when AF is really due. Does that make sense?
Ill use myself for example...I typicaly ovulate on CD 17 and I have an 11 day LP. Which means usualy for me my AF will come on 12DPO, and give me a 29 day cycle. BUT I have ovulated at on CD20 before, which gave me 31 day cycle. with AF commin on day 32. (so late usuing the calendar method,b ut on time for my body) and this month I ovulate on CD 14..which means with my LP my AF would be due on CD27. giving me a real short cycle. My point is..you can ovulate earlier then later then normal for your body, which would greatly effect when AF is really due.
and if you are only 8-9DPO, I certinaly would not be counting yourself out yet!! 8-9DPO is really the early of earliest you "might" be able to get a BFP on a HPT.
a

oh okay...how do you know you are 8dpo? Im assuming you are charting in some way, is that correct? and if so is it your first month charting?
Im asking becuase your period isnt due until youve reached the proper day on your LP. cycle days dont matter so much, what matters is when you ovulated and how long your LP is, to know when AF is really due. Does that make sense?
Ill use myself for example...I typicaly ovulate on CD 17 and I have an 11 day LP. Which means usualy for me my AF will come on 12DPO, and give me a 29 day cycle. BUT I have ovulated at on CD20 before, which gave me 31 day cycle. with AF commin on day 32. (so late usuing the calendar method,b ut on time for my body) and this month I ovulate on CD 14..which means with my LP my AF would be due on CD27. giving me a real short cycle. My point is..you can ovulate earlier then later then normal for your body, which would greatly effect when AF is really due.
and if you are only 8-9DPO, I certinaly would not be counting yourself out yet!! 8-9DPO is really the early of earliest you "might" be able to get a BFP on a HPT.
a
OK so I got pos OPK's cd 17 and 18 (not sure when i actually ovulated)
then on cd 25 i woke up to browning in my undies, so i'm assuming that was implantation bleeding..
So if I ovulated on Cd19 then I would be 9dpo and if I ovulated on Cd 20 then I would be 8dpo... I'm still so confused as to how the LP works i've been reading up on it and i'm still lost......

a
OK so I got pos OPK's cd 17 and 18 (not sure when i actually ovulated)
then on cd 25 i woke up to browning in my undies, so i'm assuming that was implantation bleeding..
So if I ovulated on Cd19 then I would be 9dpo and if I ovulated on Cd 20 then I would be 8dpo... I'm still so confused as to how the LP works i've been reading up on it and i'm still lost......
I've been TTC since April 2010 and I just started with the OPK and calender last month.. I can tell I have a lot to learn

If your 8-9 dpo, it's still really early and you may not get a bfp for a few more days still. :hugs:

Do you chart? Normally with a 28 day cycle, you'd Ovulate around cd 13-17 and your Luteal Phase would be around 11-15 days. And 8-9 day luteal phase is very short and may cause problems with getting pregnant. You may want to make an appointment with your Doctor because I know there are meds to help lengthen the luteal phase.

FX'd for you that this is your month! :)

If your 8-9 dpo, it's still really early and you may not get a bfp for a few more days still. :hugs:

Do you chart? Normally with a 28 day cycle, you'd Ovulate around cd 13-17 and your Luteal Phase would be around 11-15 days. And 8-9 day luteal phase is very short and may cause problems with getting pregnant. You may want to make an appointment with your Doctor because I know there are meds to help lengthen the luteal phase.

FX'd for you that this is your month! :)

Thanks if AF comes today then I am definitely going to make and appt.

Did you put your chart online this month? If so you should post a link! That would be helpful and some us might could give some input on your chart. My favorite site to chart on is fertilityfriend. It's free unless you pay for the premium membership. :)

okay I see...
yea LP can be a bit confusing. in a nutshell we have 2 halves to our cycles. the first half is for waiting to Ovulate. (I cant remember the name off hand right now) and then we have the second half, the luteal phase, or LP. and Ovulation is just the center point, the point that says we've transitioned from the first half to the second half. SO the first half lenght doesnt matter so much, its just a waiting game. Its the second half that we can watch and see if anything happens.now the average LP runs anywheres from 10-14days in length (which means the average person will get their AF anywheres from 11DPO-15DPO. Now the important thing with this number is that your LP is at least 10 days long. So okay, we track the LP..as you see. and your LP length is the number before the DPO day. So if you normally start AF at 12DPO, you have an 11 day LP. if you normally start AF on 14DPO, then you have a 13 day LP. Now the good thing about this number is, your LP rarely changes and if it does it will only be by like a day. So its increadiable easy to track when AF is due using your LP, since its pretty much constant. and if you surpass your LP length you have a good shot at being pregnant, even more so if you surprass it by 2 or more days. Does that make sense??

now I would say, if you are 8-9DPO, your AF isnt really due yet. we cant know for sure because this is your first month tracking. but it would be highly unusual for your AF to be due at only 8-9DPO, giving you a LP that short. However if it really is that short, I agree you should talk to your doctor. because 8-9 day LP arent considered long enough to sustain a pregnancy.

the browning in your panties..that could implantion spotting as you are pressuming. if that is the case..that occured like 3 days ago.. and if it was implantation bleeding..then the HCG would just now be crossing over to your urine. so you could get a BFP, but it would not be big or fat..it would be a line that you "thought' you saw, but coudlnt really tell if you saw it, and there would be no way to tell color, if that makes sense. it would be al ine you would see darken over the next 2 days, until it was a real line.
I started testing early at 8DPO and I thought I saw something, but couldnt decide if I was imgining it or not. then I tested at 9DPO and I could see it and DH could see it, but in photos it was very hard to see. by the next day 10DPO the line was obvious. (ive a thread called 8-9DPO answer vs off brand test, or something like that. that has my pics if you wanna see what I mean) So my point is...its SUPER early to get a result and any result would really be hard to decide what it was.

So I would diffinatly not count yourself out at this point. Im not even sure your AF is really due yet, at so early of DPOs. if this is making sense. I would however say, keep testing and tracking your LP so you can figure out how long it is. because once you know that you will always know when AF is due. :)

Did you put your chart online this month? If so you should post a link! That would be helpful and some us might could give some input on your chart. My favorite site to chart on is fertilityfriend. It's free unless you pay for the premium membership. :)
I am on fertility friend.. I don't temp so I don't have that chart but I do have the calender..

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->