BFN - so what's going on?

angelandbump

Working Mum :o)
Reaction score
Okay, this BFN was not really a surprise. My husband had an unconfirmed vasectomy in 2014. I have PCOS but have been pregnant 3 times already. 1st pregnancy resulted in premature birth and passing of our daughter. Second pregnancy was fertility treatment aided. I had PROM at 33 weeks resulting in a healthy son born at 34 weeks and third pregnancy was a happy surprise with a healthy and big term baby.

My hubby and I both agree that he rushed into getting his vasectomy and decided that when he gets back off deployment this year, we would have a reversal done and TTC again.

In 2015 I lost over 8stones and went from having 1/2 periods a year to having them on advantage every 35 - 40 days. My husband has been deployed since January but came home for a week in June due to a family bereavement. Shortly after he left I had a very short 28 cycle and the lightest period ever. Now I fast forward to now. I'm cycle day 52, I've had strong cramps for over 3 weeks along with being bloated and tender boobs. I took think really to cancel this option out which I'm sure you'll all agree with the below test that it definitely is a negative result.

Any ideas as to why I have the symptoms of an impending period yet it seems to be missing?

Attachments

• IMG_20180823_195113__01.jpg
    IMG_20180823_195113__01.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 46
I have PCOS too and my periods have done this twice, jumping from 28 days to 53 in the first instance - where they slowly reduced down to 42 over the next 6 months - and then from 32 days to 45 or so the second.

The first time, I couldn't see a reason, but the second I'd had an awkward miscarriage that didn't come out right and then a smear investigation where they laser your cervix - I forget what it's called - a month after, and that threw my cycles out big style!

I had to have femara to get me back on track... which worked a treat and also helped me get pregnant on cycle 3!

Whenever I've had longer cycles I've felt period-like from about 30 days but the damn thing just hasn't turned up!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->