bfp 12 dpo told boyfriend and he told his mum!! great!!

Angel17

Reaction score
Hello

Well after nearly3 yyears I am back. I have to come here as I hate the first trimester. I beld on and off with my daughter until10 weeks. I have had one eearly miscarriage before my daughter and now I am pregnant again. Bfp yesterday. I told my boyfriend not to say anything but he told his mum! Noe she is happy and I am like great! I am confident all will be fine. I felt my second pregnancy was going to be fine deep down even though the bleeding in the first few weeks did not help. I just need supportas my boyfriend is ggreat but does not understand our concerns of that males sense.

I tell everyone right away I understand his excitement. When I had my MMC it was very helpful to have the support. But it should be a together decision. I've told two people already about this pregnancy, but not everyone I normally would cause the fiance wants to wait til 13 weeks. So doing my best to hold off. People figure it out though lol

I guess as long as he only tells his mum (and she swears not to tell anyone) then it should be fine?
It's nice to have close family support. God forbid if the worse was to happen, then he'd tell his mum anyway? X

I so understand feeling a bit annoyed about that! I am sorry for your previous loss, this is my first pregnancy so I have no prior experience but I have definitely been very weary of telling people because I had no idea if I would miscarriage or not. When I told my boyfriend (the day after I got the positive test, when I was about 4 weeks) he called his dad within 15 minutes - I was in the bathroom!... I think men are just different. I told my mum straight away but then didn't tell even my closest friends til about 8 weeks and now at almost 12 weeks plenty of my close friends and family still don't know... I told my Dad and brother at 11 weeks. My boyfriend on the other hand had told his Dad, stepmum, three brothers, sister, a few cousins and about 10 of his best friends by week 6!

I got annoyed about it to him at one point because for one I was worried about miscarriage and secondly I didn't want everyone spreading the word and then our first ever pregnancy announcement to not be a nice surprise for everyone. I think it just helps men cope with the surprise and getting their head around being a dad.

At least it's only his mother who I am sure would be supportive and discreet if the worst scenario did happen (God forbid). Just try to relax and not get too stressed about it (like I did!), hope all goes very well for you!

thank you. this is my second baby. I had one v early mc and a successful pregnancy. I got pregnant straight away with my daughter after mc but bled all of the first trimester but my daughter is 2 now! I never liked the first trimester. I have told my mum too. end of the day what will be will be but I stay positive.

While I understand your irritation, it's also sweet. It sounds like he's excited!

We only told a few close people so far. When we told my Dad we said "you can't tell anyone though..." and he goes "Oh no, I'm going to have to tell my sister." very matter of fact like.

It was strange. But after a day or so, I realized it was actually really nice. He was just so excited!!!

It's better than the people that act like "ech, I've already got grandchildren, why would I care?" (yeah... we had that too)

But don't get me wrong, I also COMPLETELY understand the frustration. My husband was all about telling people and I wanted to not tell ANYone yet. He won. lol. But he wouldn't have done it without me agreeing.

And yeah, they TOTALLY don't get the worrying. They're good at some things. Not so good at others. Lol. That's for sure.

Welcome to first tri and congrats!

Thank you all. Yes it is sweet but my first trimester with my daughter was quite terrifying. Lots of spotting and pain so had early scan at just under 7 weeks found heart beat so good. Still spotting on and off then 10 weeks woke up to red blood! Like a period again spent one night worrying as they scanned me the next day. Again all good but never found why I did bleed. Got out of the first trimester all happy and told midwife I'm relived and she said well late miscarriages happen too. I was quite upset with hher. My Grandmother had 15 healthy pregnancies and never had a miscarriage not one! All healthy. And this back before scans and stuff!

i also told my partner not to tell anyone but he told his brother, uncle and cousin!
I was going to wait until 12 week scan, but i have told my parents, closest family and friends. Basically i told people who i trust dearly and if anything bad did happen like a miscarriage i would have them for support.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->