?BFP 30days post Mc

MissDimity

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I had a mc on Good Friday 22nd April at 8wks although my HCG had fallen from 6 wk measure of 3,600 to about 600 that day. I had HCG tested the following Tuesday and it was down to 70.

I thought I saw some light spotting yesterday (? Implantation bleeding) so decided to POAS today (now 30 days since mc) and got a really faint BFP!

Is it possible this is a true BFP or just my HCG is still being read from the previous cycle.

I have not had any bleeding since my complete mc in April and my last cycle length when I got a BFP was 35 days with the positive seen on day 31 of the cycle.

Trying not to get too excited , this is also the first time ive POAS since the mc.

Hoping to hear all your thoughts

If I'm reading this correctly, you're saying your levels were at 70 towards the end of April. If you're asking whether they could still be hanging out 3.5 weeks later, I would say I doubt it, but my levels did take about 3 weeks to go from 79 to 0 with my miscarriage in April. I think one thing you can do is POAS tomorrow morning with FMU and see if the line gets progressively darker. Keep doing it for a few days and you should see the change. Or see if they can do a blood test to see your current level and where it is a few days later.

Hmm ... I POAS at about 1030 am and got a faint positive andthen POAS this afternoon and got a bfn !!
I'll test tomorrow am

lots of people get their bfp before af after mc. I doubt it could be you hcg still it's been to long. I hope this is ur bfp. keep us posted on the poas tomorrow

Can't really answer but wait a day and test again. FX for you xxx

It can take up to 6 weeks or more for HCG levels to return to >5 after a MC. I don't want to smash your hopes or sound negative but it is entirely possible that your faint BFP is being caused by residual HCG from your previous pregnancy.

On another note, your doc should be testing your HCG weekly until your levels are back to 0...at least all 5 of my recent MCs that's what they've done....

I'd ask your doc for a blood test...

I really do hope that this is in fact a BFP for you...many women go on to get pregnant right after a MC and I hope that is what is happening for you too.

Good Luck!

Have you tested again ?
I'm 7 wks pregnant today, I got my BFP 28days after I mc naturally at 9+ weeks
Id previously had a-ve hpt 10 days after the MC, I then got a positive Opk
Thankfully we were fortunate and we conceived
I still had doubts, so I tested every other day and got increasingly darker lines, I stopped testing when the cb digi read 3+ weeks !!
So it IS possible, but my advice would be to get blood count checked or keep testing and see if HCG is increasing

All the best
X

I agree with the ladies above hun....get your bloods done rather then drive yourself mad POAS....my levels were only 44 when I started bleeding with my m/c and took 4 days to go down to 6 xx

It can take up to 6 weeks or more for HCG levels to return to >5 after a MC......

On another note, your doc should be testing your HCG weekly until your levels are back to 0...at least all 5 of my recent MCs that's what they've done....

I've been searching for this information. I'm at 6 weeks and 2 days since the mc, and I've taken tests the past 3 days, all identical faint positives. I took a blood test but I have to wait til tuesday to hear back. I'm in the Army, and it feels like they never give you direction on what to do next, thanks for this post, I will keep testing my hcg levels :)

It can take up to 6 weeks or more for HCG levels to return to >5 after a MC......

I've been searching for this information. I'm at 6 weeks and 2 days since the mc, and I've taken tests the past 3 days, all identical faint positives. I took a blood test but I have to wait til tuesday to hear back. I'm in the Army, and it feels like they never give you direction on what to do next, thanks for this post, I will keep testing my hcg levels :)

You're not using those PX brand blue dye tests, are you?
I get a faint positive every single time I use them, pregnant or not.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->