BFP after 2 losses and worried!

Sophie2015

Reaction score
Hoping someone can relate. I had 2 mmc last year. After 10 months I'm finally pregnant with my 3rd. But I'm worried about everything. Every symptom that comes and goes I think means I'm going to lose this one too. Will I ever be able to relax and enjoy this?! I felt this way with my first 2 also and I'm so afraid this is intuition and not an irrational fear. Thank you to everyone who responds.

I can relate , I feel paranoid about this pregnancy off and on. Sometimes
I feel so confident and others I'm panicking that something will go wrong .
It's hard but I'm trying to just keep busy with my two boys and not think too much about it at all.. I will feel much better after the first ultrasound but until then I'm going to try and think positive and trust God.
Congratulations , FX for a heathy pregnancy for you.

Mum thanks for your response! How far along are you?

Sorry for your losses, I know how you feel.
I had two back to back miscarriages last year. My first pregnancy was also a miscarriage before conceiving my now 4 year old.
I'm now 31 weeks with another girl, it's been a very long difficult journey, in the beginning everyday was a blessing that I still had my bean,but I was still feared what the next day would bring. All I can say is look after yourself,take each day as it comes, try not to think too far ahead. X

Stacey- thanks for responding. I'm trying. I think if I could just see a heartbeat I'd calm down. First ultrasound is on the 17th at 6.3 weeks. We've never had a good ultrasound with our other pregnancies. A good one would do wonders for me.

I'm on pg no 3 , first was a mmc @ 12 weeks ... Second a beautiful baby boy . Now 3rd 8 weeks along and terrified !!! It is good advice to take each day as it comes and not think too far ahead . I try stop myself doing it as I freak myself out too much . Hoping for a amazing 1st scan for you xx

Hi Left wonderin! I'm making my RE draw a 3rd beta tomorrow in hopes it'll calm me down some. Have you had any labs or anything yet?

Nope don't do them here . I just have to wait ..... 1st ultrasound on the 26th of August ..... Ill be 11 weeks ...... Feel sick thinking about it so trying not too !!! To make it worse my symptoms totally different than last pregnancy . Makes me worry .

Nope don't do them here . I just have to wait ..... 1st ultrasound on the 26th of August ..... Ill be 11 weeks ...... Feel sick thinking about it so trying not too !!! To make it worse my symptoms totally different than last pregnancy . Makes me worry .

I'm worried too!! And I would DIE if I had to wait til 11 weeks for a scan. I'm having my first scan in another 10 days at 6.3 weeks. Praying we have a heartbeat. We've never had a good one with any of our pregnancies. 😓

I understand how you feel. I had a miscarriage at 5 weeks in September 07,and then another miscarriage at 7 weeks in January 08. I now have a gorgeous 5 year old girl! Good luck with your pregnancy,and I hope all goes well xx

Hey Sophie, any update on your lab redraw. Hoping you get nothing but good news.

Hey Sophie, any update on your lab redraw. Hoping you get nothing but good news.

Hi! Thanks for checking on me. I get overwhelmed and don't update. My 3rd beta was great. It quadrupled in 4 days-we were hoping it would double so good news there. I've had 4 ultrasounds so far. At 6.2, 7.5, 8,5, and 9.5 weeks. Measuring 1-2 days ahead each week with HR's 120, 150, 170, 173. I'm 10.4 weeks today. Have another ultrasound in 7 days. I had about a 15 minute spotting episode last week right before my 4th ultrasound. Ultrasound didn't show the source and I've been fine since but I've been placed on modified bed rest for the next 4 weeks. You'd think I'd be feeling pretty confident but I'm not. Still so worried I'll go in next week and find I've had my 3rd mmc. If I can get past my next ultrasound then I gotta get past genetics testing for all the trisomys next week as well (I'm 43 so this is a concern). I just don't think I'll ever relax. Combine that with me being a NICU nurse and it gives me even more to worry about as I've seen everything from cord accidents to in utero strokes to asphyxia at delivery.
Oh and I have almost no preg symptoms so I don't even have that to comfort me.
Ready for April! How are you?

I'm happy to hear that it's all been good news so far. I completely understand what you mean, having worked as a L&D nurse. The worry will always be there, I think it's just what mothers do. Hoping to hear that your test results are negative for Trisomy's etc. Huge hugs :hugs: Hang in there!

Congratulations :)

Hope you have a happy and healthy 9 months!

Xx

I know how you must feel. I've had three losses within a year. I'm so scared to become pregnant again but at the same time I feel that if I don't have that healthy baby I keep dreaming of, I'll never be able to live it down. I'm glad things are working out for you and wow! 10.5 weeks already! You're so very close to 12 weeks when the chance of miscarriage reduces greatly that I think you'll go all the way. Best wishes!

I know how you must feel. I've had three losses within a year. I'm so scared to become pregnant again but at the same time I feel that if I don't have that healthy baby I keep dreaming of, I'll never be able to live it down. I'm glad things are working out for you and wow! 10.5 weeks already! You're so very close to 12 weeks when the chance of miscarriage reduces greatly that I think you'll go all the way. Best wishes!

Thank you so much! So I caved tonight and went for a private scan bc I've lost ALL my symptoms. Baby looked great and was wildly active, waving arms and kicking legs, rolling from front to back etc. HR was 167. Baby has grown 1.4cm in a week and is measuring a few days ahead. We have tons of 2d/3d/4d pics plus a sweet stuffed dog that plays baby's HB when we squeeze him. I'm 10+6 today measuring 11+1 - 11+2. I'm 43 so if I can make it past genetics I'll breathe a huge sigh of relief. I hope you try again. And I hope I get to be proof it CAN happen despite all the odds.

I know what you mean. With my first pregnancy I was constantly paying for private scans from 7 plus weeks as I was so worried something was going to go wrong but she's now sat aside me beautiful and healthy. But I have had 2 mc in the last 4/5 months, it's so hard not to worry I know the feeling!

My last ultrasound was at 10+5. I'm now 12 weeks. My doctor doesn't want another ultrasound til 18-20 weeks but I don't know if I can wait that long!! With my history of mmc plus I have a clotting disorder I'm so afraid something will go wrong.

Congratulations hun!! :wohoo:
I wish you a very happy and healthy 9 months!

I know what it feels like to worry. I think most of us have some amount of worry / nervousness when pregnant. I did not have a loss, but it did take me a really long time to get pregnant. When i finally did get pregnant, I was worried ALL the time. Honestly, the stress of worrying was not good for me or for my baby. The best way I learned to try and cope with it was to keep myself distracted as much as possible. Good luck hun.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->