BFP after 2nd month on clomid!

Ilovepink

Reaction score
After ttc for 16 months, I have finally got a :bfp: !!

I was diagnosied with PCOS and was prescribed clomid 2 months ago. I ovulated the first time but didn't conceive. For the second month I tried preseed - I cannot recommend it highly enough - I am convinced this helped me to conceive!

I would urge anyone on clomid to give preseed a go - I think it helps the sperm to live a bit longer and is especially good if you don't have a lot of cervical mucous.

I've been testing the last few days (now 13dpo) and have had faint positives that got stronger and did the clearblue digi this morning which confirmed it! I'm soo excited but also wary as it's very early days!

Anyway, I wish you all the very best of luck. It might be a long journey for some of us but it's so worth it in the end.

xxx

Hi there, congrats on your BFP!! I have taken great cheer and inspiration from you. I am onb cycle 1 on clomid and am very excited!

On the subject of preseed, like all lubes it actually kills sperm, but to a lesser degree than other brands (it actually says this on the box), and yes it is good if you dont have enough CM, however most FS will advise you that if you have cm not to use preseed as it is not as effective as your body's CM.

I appreciate however clomid can dry up cm.

Anyway again a huge congrat on your BFP, let us know how the preg progresses! Healthy 9 mths to you!! XXXX

Thankyou!

Yes, you're probably right about the preseed but it's certainly worth giving it a go if all else fails!

All the best to you - for me, clomid is fantastic as I hadn't ovulated for a full year prior to going on them

xx

Honestly you have made my day! I told my mum that I am on clomid this morning and she went nuts (she was a midwife), she is a firm believer in letting nature take its course whatever that may be! So I was a bit down about it until I heard your story! XXX

Sweetie, I am thrilled for you as I am on Clomid too and I like to hear success stories. Congrats!

but... I think this post would have been better suited for the bfp sticky thread. Some LTTTCers choose to avoid bfp announcements and we have to respect that.

Hi I am so pleased for you. Im due to start clomid but my period is a day late so far and Im having some symptoms such as sickness so fingers crossed really xxx

Sweetie, I am thrilled for you as I am on Clomid too and I like to hear success stories. Congrats!

but... I think this post would have been better suited for the bfp sticky thread. Some LTTTCers choose to avoid bfp announcements and we have to respect that.

Thankyou. I do appreciate it should have probably been posted on the other thread but I just wanted to give people some hope (being a LTTTCer myself). I really hope I haven't caused offence to anyone as my only intention was to share a positive story with people who are going through similar experiences and to prove there is light at the end of the tunnel.

xx

Huge congratulations to you! Its great to hear clomid success stories!
I'm on my second round of clomid at the moment so i hope this is my lucky cycle too!

Do you take your temp to track ovulation? If not what did you do? How often did you dtd etc?
I've got zestica which i think is just like preseed. I've only just started using it this month so fingers crossed for that. Do you put preseed inside you like the zestica one?

Sorry for all the questions but i just want to do everything i can this month to increase my chances so its great to see how others have got their BFP.

Hope you have a happy and healthy 9 months! x

No, hun, you did not offend me. It was just a friendly reminder for our friends.

Congrats again! xx

Huge congratulations, you have given me hope too, I am on my 2nd round of clomid too, and you have really boosted my mood, was feeling cynical!

Like Milliemoo, I am interested to know if you temp? were you scanned etc or given tablets and not monitored?

Thanks everyone!

I didn't actually temp - I bought a digital thermometer but never used it! I used OPKs - just some internet cheapies. I got a positive on day 16 - so we BDd that morning! I got another positive on day 17 - so we BDd again on that morning. Although it was a negative the day after, we BDd that morning as well just to be sure. We only actually did it those 3 times that month.

Each time I used preseed - you inject it in you up to 15 mins before sex I think! I assume it's like zestica then, but I've not heard of that? Probably TMI but did it in the missionary position all 3 times as that's supposed to be best!! I also made sure I held my knees to my chest for a few mins after we had done it!!

I wasn't scanned or anything, don't know if that's normal? Was just asked to take a progesterone test on day 21 to see if I'd ovulated. I was on 50mg of clomid both cycles as that dose worked for me.

The first month I took clomid, we just BDd when I thought I'd ovulated (when I noticed the stretchy CM) but I didn't fall pregnant so it's probably important to use OPKs or temp.

Also, my husband's sperm count is a bit low so relieved that we conceived from that point of view as well!

Thank you all again for your kind wishes and I really hope you all get your BFP soon

xxxxxxx

Hi I am so pleased for you. Im due to start clomid but my period is a day late so far and Im having some symptoms such as sickness so fingers crossed really xxx

Fingers crossed for you this month xx

Thanks for sharing that with us. I'm on cd15 today so hopefully ov is just round the corner! Lots of B'ding for me now!

Thankyou. I do appreciate it should have probably been posted on the other thread but I just wanted to give people some hope (being a LTTTCer myself). I really hope I haven't caused offence to anyone as my only intention was to share a positive story with people who are going through similar experiences and to prove there is light at the end of the tunnel.

xx

I'm sorry if I sound mean but whilst I wish you a happy & healthy pregnancy, I do agree with Bizy Bee that you should have kept this to the BFP sticky, anyone who can deal with BFP annoucements can read your story there and those of us who find other people's BFP's harder to deal with it can simply avoid that section...

I'm also on my 2nd round of Clomid and you've given me new hope! Thanks! Congrats on your :bfp:!

Try not to worry about posting your fantastic news about your BFP.

For me it's great to hear some fabulous news and it proves that Clomid can work and that's what we all want to hear!!

Its a shame that some others can turn good news into a crash and burn.

Well done hun and I hope you have a beautiful pregnancy.

xx

HI !
Congratulations !!!:happydance:
i am moving this thread on the success stories thread any BFP anouncement should be made in the BFP section or the success stories thread ...
Thank you very much :)
Miel,moderator.

Try not to worry about posting your fantastic news about your BFP.

For me it's great to hear some fabulous news and it proves that Clomid can work and that's what we all want to hear!!

Its a shame that some others can turn good news into a crash and burn.

Well done hun and I hope you have a beautiful pregnancy.

xx

I think that is quite out of order actually and quite rude. No-one was turning it into a crash and burn but it's about having a thought for those that find others BFP announcements harder to deal with, which is why there is a seperate sticky in the first place and people should respect this. There is also a seperate success stories section and people need to remember that some of the ladies here are having a really difficult and emotional time and the last thing they expect to see is a BFP annoucement here, which I assume is why the lovely Miel has moved it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->