BFP after early loss

FlatShoes

Reaction score
Hi all :)

I just got my bfp! I had a missed miscarriage at 8 weeks in December and I have a 3 year old daughter.

I feel so worried, every time I go to the toilet I expect to wipe and see blood - that's how it started last time. How can I relax? Can I ask for an 8 week scan to ease my mind a little?

I want to be happy but I feel so confused.

Congrats! Understand your concern, you can try asking for an early scan but in the UK I don't think you're likely to get one unless you have had a few early losses. There's always the option of getting a private scan though, which is what I think I will do when I get my BFP as I too have had an early loss xx

Congrats! I had a very early miscarriage last year and had the same fears with this pregnancy, I don't think I stopped scrutinising my toilet paper until about 12 weeks! I don't think you would be offered an early scan unless you have had multiple losses.

If you're not in a position to pay for a private scan, you could suggest that you're not sure on your dates and so may be offered a more urgent dating scan? That is incredibly dishonest, so please no judgement, but I understand how nerve wracking it can be when you've already lost a pregnancy... I wouldn't do it myself but know some ladies do.

I'm so sorry for your loss, but congrats on your pregnancy! :) I would ask your doc for an early scan. It doesn't hurt to ask! Also, just try to relax as much as possible. I know easier said than done, but you don't want to stress out your little bean. Good luck!

EPAU will normally give you scan for reassurance - go to your GP and ask for a referral.

I had a MMC in December too - you never stop worrying but try not to let it dominate your thoughts - remember statistically it's more likely to work out than not... I had a SCH at week 5, then bled until week 9 - it's been tough but I'm still here :)

Thanks ladies :) Private scan is a great idea! I'll book one for about 8 weeks x

Congrats! I think I remember your username from the boards when we were pregnant with our daughters :flower:

It's totally normal to feel anxious so early on, and this is only amplified when you're PAL :hugs: no advice as such as I'm in the same boat, but just stay positive and try and enjoy the pregnancy, no matter what.

Come and join us over in the January Jellybeans chat thread too if you like :flower:

Hello new to all this. I suffered a missed miscarriage in February and have just found out I am about Four weeks pregnant. Not had too many symptoms yet and feeling very anxious, it's gong to be a long 8 week wait for a scan. Hope all goes well four you x

Hello new to all this. I suffered a missed miscarriage in February and have just found out I am about Four weeks pregnant. Not had too many symptoms yet and feeling very anxious, it's gong to be a long 8 week wait for a scan. Hope all goes well four you x

Its going so slowly! Same with the no symptoms. We can keep an eye out for each other, its nice to have someone in the same satiation. Do you have children already>?

Congrats! I think I remember your username from the boards when we were pregnant with our daughters :flower:

It's totally normal to feel anxious so early on, and this is only amplified when you're PAL :hugs: no advice as such as I'm in the same boat, but just stay positive and try and enjoy the pregnancy, no matter what.

Come and join us over in the January Jellybeans chat thread too if you like :flower:

Awww hi!!! I love that some of the old faces are here :) :flower:

I will deffo join the Jan Jellybeans!

Congratulations. I'm in the same boat. Found out beginning of last may that I was pregnant with baby #2, in the june at 11 and a half weekd pregnant I miscarried.
I'm excited to be pregnant again but so nervous until I see my baby kicking away on that screen.

Congratulations on your bfp's. I am seeing my mw in 2weeks and going to ask for early scan xx

I am sorry for your loss :hugs: . Being pregnant after a mmc is no picnic as I have recently discovered so my heart goes out to you. I am a bundle of nerves and checking the loo paper religiously (it didn't help that I bled until 9 weeks, I was a total wreck!).

As other ladies have said, I would try asking for an early scan as some hospitals will agree to it after a mmc. Usually if it was a mmc, the chances are higher of being allowed an eary scan on request so it wouldn't hurt to try. My local epau offers a 7 week reassurance scan after a mmc so you never know, yours might too. If not, there is always the option of a private scan.

x

Its going so slowly! Same with the no symptoms. We can keep an eye out for each other, its nice to have someone in the same satiation. Do you have children already>?

Hi there no children already. I have developed tender breasts now so that's a good sign, been having dull cramping for the last couple of days but apparently this is normal. Work keeps me busy and I'm trying not to worry too much (easier said then done!) how are you doing??

Hi there no children already. I have developed tender breasts now so that's a good sign, been having dull cramping for the last couple of days but apparently this is normal. Work keeps me busy and I'm trying not to worry too much (easier said then done!) how are you doing??

Time is dragging! Still no symptoms, doing a pregnancy test every day lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"