BFP after Failed IVFS, IUI

MySillyGirls

Reaction score
Hi, all! I wanted to pop in and introduce myself. I have been mainly posting in the assisted conception forum for the last few years and, after my last failed ivf, I took a break from the boards entirely.

I am 39 with low quality/reserve and dh is 42 with low quantity and poor motility. We have had a failed iui and two failed ivfs. We adopted our youngest daughter from Russia in 2005.

On a whim, I asked my regular ob/gyn to prescribe me a cycle of Clomid 50mg to be taken days 5-9 (previous clomid cycles through my RE had been days 3-7). I took an hpt on 11/7 at approximately 9dpo (it could have been 8dpo), BFN. On 11dpo, I used another FRER and got a faint BFP. the BFPs got darker each day and I had my first HCG test on Saturday (13 or 14dpo) and my second HCG test on Monday (15 or 16dpo). My first beta was 60 and my second 146 with a 37.2 hour doubling time.

We are praying that this sticks. The doctor was pleased with the doubling so he hasn't scheduled any other hcgs but scheduled us for a 7wk ultrasound on 12/5. After the hyper-attention paid to my ivf cycles by my RE, this seems odd to me.

Anyway, I am not ready to move to a first trimester forum since it is so early and I have all kinds of fears due to my age. I thought I'd introduce myself to other ladies who may understand ;)

Take care!

congrats!!!! :happydance::happydance::happydance:
I hear so many stories like this, its like the stress of IVF just doesnt result in a bfp for many people. hoping for a very sticky bean for you....or beans?? I had 4 follicles one month on clomid and 3 on another, if you were not having ultrasounds I guess you dont know how many you have.

Sarah,
Thank you so much for your kind thoughts! I see you are in process with IVF right now. You have really great embie counts! I never saw numbers like that during my ivf and I never was able to make it to a 5dt, always 3dt. :) For some reason (maybe due to my low reserve) I never responded well to Gonal F and Repronex, but, when I did 50mg of Clomid on a day 3-7 iui cycle, I had 3 large follies. This time, I was on Clomid days 5-9 which, I heard, results in fewer follies but larger. Good luck to you!!

Sarah,
Thank you so much for your kind thoughts! I see you are in process with IVF right now. You have really great embie counts! I never saw numbers like that during my ivf and I never was able to make it to a 5dt, always 3dt. :) For some reason (maybe due to my low reserve) I never responded well to Gonal F and Repronex, but, when I did 50mg of Clomid on a day 3-7 iui cycle, I had 3 large follies. This time, I was on Clomid days 5-9 which, I heard, results in fewer follies but larger. Good luck to you!!

thank you! trying not to get toooo excited as i know I have to take it day by day. btw my clinic would also only do the betas then a 6 weeks ultrasound so I dont think its unusual. hoping for great news on your beta...let us know how many beanies!

Thanks, Sarah :) Is your transfer today or tomorrow? It sounds like you will also be able to freeze with those numbers. AWESOME!

Thanks, Sarah :) Is your transfer today or tomorrow? It sounds like you will also be able to freeze with those numbers. AWESOME!

its a 5 day transfer, which is friday. I would love to have some to freeze but Im told by the clinic less than 30% make it to transfer and reading posts on here so many people dont get any freezies. one girl had 12 embryos on day 5 and none good enough to freeze. As long as I get a couple of good embryos to transfer the rest is a bonus!

My friend (who is 40) has been able to freeze maybe 2 each cycle. She has a total of 6 saved up, so, hopefully you'll have a reserve as well. But, it sounds like you will have great embies for the transfer!!

Thanks for this awesomely inspirational story. MySillyGirls, I am wishing you a sticky bean! I am 40 and I just went through one failed IUI. I am on cycle 2 with fingers crossed. Sarah best of luck with your transfer.

:)

Thank you, Ina! I wish you great luck on your new cycle and look forward to hearing how it goes for you :)

Congratulations this is fab news :thumbup: I really hope this is a sticky one and you have a happy and healthy 9 months :cloud9: :hugs:

Sarah i had no idea you were doing IVF (where have i been :wacko: haha) good luck for Friday :hugs::hugs:

Wow - what an inspiring story. Congratulations to you and a H&H nine months!! Almost made me cry seeing it CAN happen. I have high fsh and am also, on a whim, trying clomid this cycle (3-7). It was so nice of you to come over here and post this wonderful happy ending! thank you!:hugs:

This is great news, the type I like to hear..Congrats!!:happydance:

I've had one failed IUI & another abandoned due to ov before the last scan, this month it wasn't possible to do IUI as the hospital told me they had 'filled there quota for scans':shrug:

Bit low with the whole ttc thing at the moment, but I love reading positive outcomes as it aspires me to continue..thanks!:hugs:

Thank you, Mary and Lexus! I wish you both great luck and look forward to hearing of your progress. :)

I am nervous though because it seems like my hcg levels are low-ish even though it appears to be doubling ok. My doc office didn't mention that but I have made the mistake of googling and now I am nervous.

I know - easier said than done - but really try to stay away from googling things... It will just drive you crazy. And there are so many variations in numbers, that you should just try to put it out of your mind and relax. (i need to practice what i preach!) :hugs:

Mysillygirls, as Mary said stay away from google! Relax & allow yourself to enjoy your BFP.x

Gd luck as well Mary!.x

Thanks to you both!! You are SO right and I am so darn compulsive. I need to back away...back away from the computer...

Hugs to you both!

Congrats!!!! I have low reserve as well and will be trying again in January :) Funny thing is I had a better response to Clomid then to the stims they used:shrug: Thanks for sharing it gives me hope it can still happen:hugs:

Crystal,
Thank you! Wow...I also had a better response to Clomid than to the Gonal F and Repronex. Good luck to you!

congratulations on your :bfp: sending loads of :dust: your way. Hope you have a healthy and happy 9 months :flower:

congrats on your bfp MySillyGirls. what an inspiring story. i also suffer from low ovarian reserve and quality and your story gives me hope that i will get my bfp too.
as for your hcg numbers being low, i read that the number doesn't matter as long as it keeps doubling. im sending you plenty of baby dust to you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->