Bfp after loss at 14 weeks

Sophie96

Reaction score
So as it says in the title I lost my pregnancy in February at 14 weeks due to my water breaking early and the baby having less than a 1% chance of survival we were told our only option was to have a medical termination. I had tests and swabs done and when I went back for a 6 week check they told me the swabs had come back for Bv and that was the likely cause for my waters breaking and was given antibiotics I was shocked as I had no symptoms of any kind and was surprised to hear the doctor tell me that most women don't have symptoms. Fast forward last week and Me getting a bfp 2 days before my period was due and I've just done a self checker BV test at home this afternoon and it's come straight back positive for BV. I'll be heading to the doctors for antibiotics first thing tomorrow morning but I am going out of my mind here! I can't have history repeat itself I don't think I could go through all that again☹️! Has anyone been in the same boat with a positive outcome I just want to take my baby home this time!

Last edited:
Firstly I am incredibly sorry for your loss :hugs:

Congratulations on your new pregnancy!
I had BV with my very 1st pregnancy, but not until after 30 weeks so I can't really speak to that. I think it's great that you're able to do a home test and if in your shoes I think I'd test at regular intervals given the lack of symptoms.

You must be beside yourself with fear. I hope your care provider will help relieve that a great deal while leading your care.

Praying you have a very healthy pregnancy <3

Thank you me and my partner had already decided to test once or twice a month just for peace of mind I just had hoped it wouldn't come back this pregnancy! So now I'm beside myself I know it's only one night until I can get to the doctors but I'm just just full of fear ☹️ x

I know that anxiety all too well. :hugs:
For me it was helpful to say 'today I am pregnant' and not really look ahead but relish each day. Easier said than done when waiting on medicine/testing that could potentially save your everything. It's not fair and I'm sorry.

I had a friend who had recurrent strep B infections and it was a matter of finding the right set of antibiotic treatments, hope it's down to something equally simple for you and that you don't suffer with any further complications

I'm so sorry for your loss :hugs:

Wishing you a happy and healthy 9 months

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->