BFP after previous Ectopic - when did you have your first scan?

tabby28

Reaction score
Hi,

Could anyone who has had a BFP after a previous pregnancy that was ectopic tell me when their first scan was scheduled?

I got a BFP on Friday, and contacted my doctor yesterday, who made an appointment for me to have an early scan at 7 weeks. She didn't suggest blood tests to check hCG levels either which I thought she might.

The scan seems a really long way away (I am just a little bit over 4 weeks now), and I am really nervous and worried :-(

Could anyone reassure me? It would really help to know when other people had their first scan.

Congrats!!

AFM my doc did mine at 5w 3 days, my previous was an ectopic on my c-section scar so a little different, but they need to know that baby is not implanted near my scar. I know some docs prefer to wait until they can see a heatbeat. My doc also didn't do bloodwork.

I think that 7 weeks is okay, especially since it's so easy to be off by a few days and if you go early you may not see anything.

I know my doc said a 1 in 30,000 of another ectopic... didn't make me feel better since my last ectopic was 1 in a few million.. but still :)

Good luck!

Hey there. I've had two ectopics and my first scan for this pregnancy was at 7 weeks. I was terrified going in but baby was in the right spot and we got to hear the heartbeat. They took bloods once to check my progesterone.

Did they remove your tube with your ectopic? If they did, they're not going to be as concerned of another ectopic. I ended up having two because they "repaired" my tube the first time when they should have just removed it since it burst. So with that one I was having a scan every week starting at 5 weeks. At 7 weeks they were able to see the pregnancy in the scarred tube.

Congrats!

I had my first scan at 5w 4days.
On my notes after surgery the consultant had said that in any future pregnancies I should have a scan around 5 weeks.

I would try and get it changed to 6 weeks at the latest. Can you ring your EPU and get it changed yourself? I done this because my doctors receptionist had originally booked my scan for 4w 4days which I thought was a bit early to see anything.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ashhmichelle
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->