BFP and Bromocriptine (Parlodel)

morasmum

Mother of 1
Reaction score
Ladies,

I have high prolactin and have been on bromocriptine, I got my BFP and my RE said to stop it once I get to see a HB on the early scan. I have been doing some reading and I am terrified of losing my bean once I stop the bromo, do you have any advise on when and how to wean off from the bromo?

THank you girls

Ladies,

I have high prolactin and have been on bromocriptine, I got my BFP and my RE said to stop it once I get to see a HB on the early scan. I have been doing some reading and I am terrified of losing my bean once I stop the bromo, do you have any advise on when and how to wean off from the bromo?

THank you girls

hello and congrats! I am in the same boat as you, however, I used to take cabergoline. I mentioned to the consultant earlier this year that my husband and I would start trying for kids in the summer. He told me to stop taking it straight away (less research on the tablets I took). So I did and called them straight away (I was only around 4 weeks by that point) and they told me congrats etc and not take the tablet anymore. They have booked me in already for visual fields on 25th Sept and then first antenatal appointment is 15th Oct and that will be with midwife and consultant. My understanding is is that you get "cared for" twice. Visual fields have been booked in for 3 times during pregnancy and I will wait to see about the other stuff. I think it literally comes down to how you feel and what your blood tests are like. If your levels stay normalish then all good. If there rise dramatically then I guess they put you back on the tablets. The thing is, I cant see why anything would happen to the baby as we have ovulated and conceived.... the issue with my tumor was that I wasn't having period's and not ovulating etc so the tablets have down their job... shrunk the tumor, allowed me to have periods and ovulate and here we are.... 10 weeks pregnant :thumbup:

Thank you for your reply, my issue was the same as yours. The problem is that high prolactine inhibits the production of progesterone, after a few weeks of pregnancy your body will produce enough progesterone to counteract the prolactine, but during the first few weeks that production is not as efficient and it is when Mc can happen.

I understand that the "cut-off" is around 8-9 weeks when placenta is in charge. I made the mistake of reading dr. google and found a truckload of MC stories at 6 weeks ...

Thank you for your email, i'll relax.

You are 10 weeks!!!! so close to your next scan! enjoy it

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"