Bfp and HCG 24.3 Please Read

Nicole R.

Reaction score
After 4.5 years of TTC, I got my first BFP yesterday. I've peed on 8 different brands since.. three digitals.

My cycle was actually ******ed this time and im nkt sure of my dpo but its probably 11-13dpo.

I have pcos, 2 clomid babies. This one is no meds, no history of mc.

I had a blood today and my hcg was 24.3.
I'm really sad.. wanted it at 25.0 the dr said it needed to be at 24.9 to be considered a pregnancy or something?

Has anyone been through this? My first two sons my doctor didn't bother with beta numbers.

My DH has already told his mom, he couldn't help himself. I need some happy ending stories

20200710_101333.jpg

Your numbers have to start somewhere hon. The first number doesn’t really matter, so long as it doubles in 48 hours. Are they sending you for another blood test?

For reference at 17dpo my levels were 408. Working backwards that would make my test at 11dpo be roughly 51.

Remember some ladies don’t even implant until 12dpo +. Their levels would be at 0 at 11dpo but can still have a healthy pregnancy :)

I’m actually surprised your doc even sent you for betas before your period is due. I mean, I never went that early so I dunno, but those tests look really good to me

Well,
Technically I went to Urgent care today. Because I do have PCOS- and because this cycle was so screwed up.. and because my OB from 10 yrs ago moved and im looking for a new OB, i went to urgent care To have them check my progesterone and levels to make sure I'm not near 16 weeks where I need a cerclage. I had them do it to be safe..
It could be a couple weeks before I find a new OB And this cycle, like I said idk what dpo I truly am. On June 23rd (18 days ago) had what I thought was a period, which would've put me at ovulating on cd8.. and then would be like cd9 right now? It was red had some clots and then lightened up hours later and that was it. So when I removed the cd1 and had it as spotting, it put me at 3 days ahead for dpo.

Your numbers have to start somewhere hon. The first number doesn’t really matter, so long as it doubles in 48 hours. Are they sending you for another blood test?

For reference at 17dpo my levels were 408. Working backwards that would make my test at 11dpo be roughly 51.

Remember some ladies don’t even implant until 12dpo +. Their levels would be at 0 at 11dpo but can still have a healthy pregnancy :)

I’m actually surprised your doc even sent you for betas before your period is due. I mean, I never went that early so I dunno, but those tests look really good to me

Screenshot_20200709-103659_Samsung Internet.jpg View attachment 1084287

Last edited:
If i counted that day as a one day AF,

I wouldve been 9 dpo with my first BFP? Which would explain a 24.3..

Screenshot_20200710-181943_Samsung Internet.jpg

Last edited:
Yeah your chart looks like you O’d CD9, which would have you at 9dpo today. It’s possible for you to be 10dpo which is what ff confirmed, but you had such a rise on CD10 that I would guess O was CD9.

I’ve always used test progression to watch the health of an early pregnancy. I know they’re technically not supposed to be used for that, but they are good at showing increasingly darker lines with your rising HCG levels. And yours are definitely progressing

Whats funny is after my results, I took another test ( im doing a little study of my own of brands, with the same cup of urine) well I took a FRER this afternoon ans compared it to this morning and its not lighter. Tomorrow morning if it's a little darker, just a tad ill be OK. Lol the bottom twst u took right after the phone call

Yeah your chart looks like you O’d CD9, which would have you at 9dpo today. It’s possible for you to be 10dpo which is what ff confirmed, but you had such a rise on CD10 that I would guess O was CD9.

I’ve always used test progression to watch the health of an early pregnancy. I know they’re technically not supposed to be used for that, but they are good at showing increasingly darker lines with your rising HCG levels. And yours are definitely progressing

20200710_182604.jpg

Thank you, I swear you eased a lot of my anxiety lol

Aw good I’m glad! Your lines honestly look amazing if you are 9dpo. I’ve seen some ladies who have lighter lines than that at 13/14dpo. Looks like you have a sticky baby in there!

With my 7th baby I was having some spotting so at 11 dpo my dr tested my beta and it came back at 11! She said I was likely miscarrying because I was spotting and my hcg was so low. I had to push hard for another draw because my tests were getting darker. She is a happy and healthy 6 yr old now. Doesn't matter the first number, just that it goes up. :winkwink: drs don't know EVERYTHING. Your tests look good to me. With one of my pregnancies my hcg was 3 at 9 dpo. It's not the first number, they just need to go up! Congrats, you're pregnant!!!! <3

Thank you so much :)

I took a cvs generic- compared it to yesterday (24 hour difference) and its definitely progressing. Im just much earlier than I thought! Picture update!

With my 7th baby I was having some spotting so at 11 dpo my dr tested my beta and it came back at 11! She said I was likely miscarrying because I was spotting and my hcg was so low. I had to push hard for another draw because my tests were getting darker. She is a happy and healthy 6 yr old now. Doesn't matter the first number, just that it goes up. :winkwink: drs don't know EVERYTHING. Your tests look good to me. With one of my pregnancies my hcg was 3 at 9 dpo. It's not the first number, they just need to go up! Congrats, you're pregnant!!!! <3

Screenshot_20200711-143611_Gallery.jpg

Those Walmart cheapy's have picked up pregnancies before frer for me. I hardly even use frer anymore. Too expensive and lately are crap for progression. A thread on another site a girl dipped 3 frer in the same pee and they were all dramatically different. I don't even trust them anymore. You're lines are looking good to me!

8 & 9 years ago-i fell pregnant first round if clomid. So I could afford FRER. I had no idea that the walmart cheapies were so good!

The $1 walmart and the $1 family dollar/dollar general (pink case ones) are miles apart. The walmart cheapie are seriously amazing and I took one yesterday same time has my blood draw to see jow sensitive they are.

Today, 13dpo-my urgent care dr called said i have a UTI. Also have the worst yeast infection of my life and a tooth absess!

Even tho I feel like crap, 13dpo is my best test yet .. if only I wouldve waited to test on the day of my missed period :)

Those Walmart cheapy's have picked up pregnancies before frer for me. I hardly even use frer anymore. Too expensive and lately are crap for progression. A thread on another site a girl dipped 3 frer in the same pee and they were all dramatically different. I don't even trust them anymore. You're lines are looking good to me!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->