BFP at 8dpo after 3 years TTC...but now i'm stressing irrationally!

MaybeThisMnth

Reaction score

Hi all!

It's hard to believe i'm posting on this forum but here i am! My husband and I have been TTC for almost three years and we finally got our BFP on Friday...a whole 6 days before my period is due! We took Clomid this cycle (our second cycle) and monitored my cycle using the advanced Clear Blue OPKs. We DTD a lot during my high fertility and peak fertility window, the monitor registered 4 flashing smiley faces before we got the solid smiley and made sure we didn't waste a single one of them (which was pretty impressive as he suffers from performance anxiety when the pressure's on). I had some really unusual symptoms this month which made me test early but now i'm worried that i'm going to suffer a chemical pregnancy because i'm still feeling mild AF-like cramps on and off and am 4 days away from my predicted period date. My nipples are also mega painful but i've got used to that in a weird way!

I know i'm probably just worrying because we've been trying for a long time, didn't have any success with Clomid on round 1 and this is my first ever (and very early) positive. My FRER test line was quite light but we could definitely see it and i'll be taking another one tomorrow to check for a darker line but the cramps are freaking me out and there's no way to know if this little bean is going to fail to stick/become unstuck (i had so many twinges and cramps from 4dpo-7dpo that i'm positive implantation must have happened) but i can't seem to stop my mind from going down the worrying route. We're not telling the in-laws or my Mum until we get a few more weeks down the line and would love some advice/to hear from people who have been through similar worries and all's turned out okay!

A xXX

I'm going through similar worries myself, I got first BFP on FRER at 11dpo on Monday and this has been the longest week. I would personally advise against taking many more tests as it has driven me insane. I've been taking all different types at all different times of day and not seeing a progression in the lines. But seeing pregnant on a cb digi reassured me so I would maybe suggest if you are going to test some more to try and wait a few more days before taking FRER or CB digi. I'm only 4wks 3 days but have told a couple of close friends and even mother inlaw who is a nurse as I'm so preoccupied at the moment everyone would be wondering what's up with me. I don't really have any advice on the worrying as I'm terrible for it myself but just try to take each day as it comes. Every trip to the loo where there's nothing on the loo paper is a mini victory for me haha! all the best for your pregnancy xx

Congratulations!!! :happydance: how exciting. Cramps etc are perfectly normal in first tri it's everything stretching and baby snuggling in etc :) unless of course your doubling over in pain then don't worry. I think all of us here in first tri are worriers, I personally think it's the scariest bit. I've had two misscariges myself and I'm petrified to be here again, but we will all get through this frightening part :hugs:

I understand how frightened you must be, but try and relax you've finally got that long awaited BFP!!! :happydance:

Congratulations!!! :happydance: how exciting. Cramps etc are perfectly normal in first tri it's everything stretching and baby snuggling in etc :) unless of course your doubling over in pain then don't worry. I think all of us here in first tri are worriers, I personally think it's the scariest bit. I've had two misscariges myself and I'm petrified to be here again, but we will all get through this frightening part :hugs:

I understand how frightened you must be, but try and relax you've finally got that long awaited BFP!!! :happydance:

Thanks so much, that's really helpful! Fingers crossed it sticks, I can't believe we got our BFP! I hope your pregnancy is going well and your little one well and truly sticks this time! xXx

Thanks so much, that's really helpful! Fingers crossed it sticks, I can't believe we got our BFP! I hope your pregnancy is going well and your little one well and truly sticks this time! xXx

Thank you :hugs: I think for at least the first twelve weeks your going to worry like crazy but try think of the positives....like your going to have a BABY!! :happydance::happydance:

I'm going through similar worries myself, I got first BFP on FRER at 11dpo on Monday and this has been the longest week. I would personally advise against taking many more tests as it has driven me insane. I've been taking all different types at all different times of day and not seeing a progression in the lines. But seeing pregnant on a cb digi reassured me so I would maybe suggest if you are going to test some more to try and wait a few more days before taking FRER or CB digi. I'm only 4wks 3 days but have told a couple of close friends and even mother inlaw who is a nurse as I'm so preoccupied at the moment everyone would be wondering what's up with me. I don't really have any advice on the worrying as I'm terrible for it myself but just try to take each day as it comes. Every trip to the loo where there's nothing on the loo paper is a mini victory for me haha! all the best for your pregnancy xx

Thanks Lauraloo, and congratulations on your :bfp: ! You're a whole week ahead of me so does that mean you'll be due on the 1st Jan? A New Year baby sounds amazing! My husband would really like me to do another one so that he can see a darker line as he doesn't believe that the faint one is a positive...guess that's normal given how long it's taken us to get to this stage but i'll have run out of tests with the exception of a CB Digi by then so it may be my last POAS for a while :) I'm totally with you on the toilet paper checking by the way, i'm doing exactly the same thing ALL the time!

xXx

The early cramping sounds just like my experience this pregnancy. I also got my bfp at 8dpo. I remember putting in my FF notes around 5dpo that either AF is coming early, I'm pregnant or I'm going crazy because I am definitely having cramps. This was a sticky for me. Early bfp sounds promising to me!

The early cramping sounds just like my experience this pregnancy. I also got my bfp at 8dpo. I remember putting in my FF notes around 5dpo that either AF is coming early, I'm pregnant or I'm going crazy because I am definitely having cramps. This was a sticky for me. Early bfp sounds promising to me!

Hooray! Thank you moter98, that's really reassuring, especially as you're now in your second trimester! :happydance: I recorded my symptoms in Period Tracker and just like you made a note about my 'crazy body/annoyingly early AF/maybe pregnant?!.' I'm hoping that the cramps mean that this little one is going to be well and truly sticky, it would be amazing to be able to tell family in a few weeks! x

Congrats! I also got my very first BFP this week! We've been trying for about 9 months.
I've started a thread in groups and discussions for first timers due in Jan - please come talk to me in there, no one else is :haha:

Congrats!!!! I think everyone is a nervous wreck in the first trimester. The first thing to worry about is a chemical, so that is where we all start and then it just goes from there lol. However, odds are that this will be a sticky and healthy pregnancy for you!! Don't worry at all about the cramping. I am actually worried as I have had no cramping and had a ton in my first pregnancy. My dr had told me "keep in mind that there is basically a construction project going on in your uterus. It's normal to cramp." So I would take it as a good sign!!

Thanks Lauraloo, and congratulations on your :bfp: ! You're a whole week ahead of me so does that mean you'll be due on the 1st Jan? A New Year baby sounds amazing! My husband would really like me to do another one so that he can see a darker line as he doesn't believe that the faint one is a positive...guess that's normal given how long it's taken us to get to this stage but i'll have run out of tests with the exception of a CB Digi by then so it may be my last POAS for a while :) I'm totally with you on the toilet paper checking by the way, i'm doing exactly the same thing ALL the time!

xXx

Yes due 1st jan! Which is kind of cool :thumbup: totally understand the need to do more tests, but as soon as you get a line dark enough to reassure you I would stop! Really hope this is a lovely sticky bean for you xx

Congratulations Maybethismnth!! How exciting but please just know that I am a poas addict to lol and I got my most recent bfp at the equivalent of 9dpo (this is an ivf baby) and after two mcs I need to see the lines get darker to BUT keep in mind the lines really start getting some nice progression once you get past your AF due date. I'm only telling you this because around 11/12/13 dpo all my tests looked the same and I was a wreck but once my period was late they started getting some nicer progression.

Just be happy for now and don't panic if it takes a week or so to see some nice progression :) best of luck and h & h 9 months x

xXx

Yes due 1st jan! Which is kind of cool :thumbup: totally understand the need to do more tests, but as soon as you get a line dark enough to reassure you I would stop! Really hope this is a lovely sticky bean for you xx

I took another one this morning and it was brilliantly strong...i'm going to stop testing now as hubby has officially been convinced. Stick little bean, stick! xXx

This is my third!! Im terrified even though ive been lucky so far but suppose im terrified my luck will run out! Im worse this time than last pregnancy and i was bad then too!!!

It's out of our hands and that's the worst thing about it isnt it. Nothing really helps ease the worry. I found a reassuring site online about daily rates of loss and it helps to know that literally every day is a milestone and that chance of successful preg increases day by day. I'm just clinging to that right now and trying not to go insane!!!!!

I'm 5w2d and I'm still testing every day. Lol. When it takes years to get the one bfp, it's hard not to want to see it every day, it feels like your allin and it's now or never. Congrats!

This is my third!! Im terrified even though ive been lucky so far but suppose im terrified my luck will run out! Im worse this time than last pregnancy and i was bad then too!!!

It's out of our hands and that's the worst thing about it isnt it. Nothing really helps ease the worry. I found a reassuring site online about daily rates of loss and it helps to know that literally every day is a milestone and that chance of successful preg increases day by day. I'm just clinging to that right now and trying not to go insane!!!!!

Bizarrely i had that thought today..."another day down!" - what a crazy lady i am! Could you please tell me where to find that site? It sounds like something my neurotic side would like to check...daily! :blush:

Bizarrely i had that thought today..."another day down!" - what a crazy lady i am! Could you please tell me where to find that site? It sounds like something my neurotic side would like to check...daily! :blush:

https://spacefem.com/pregnant/mc.php?m=08&d=10&y=12

Use it wisely!! Lol! But it has put my mind at rest a bit xx

Ladies,
I am 8 DPO today, I have not tested yet, but i could fall asleep at my desk! i have NEVER been this tired in my whole life. I went to bed before 9pm last night, and got up at 630.. I have been tired like this for about 4 days.. had 1 spot of blood a couple days ago.. AF not due for 6 days. Im not sure if i should wait or test now.. any one else been extremely tired at 8dpo and had a BFP?? thanks for the help!!

Yes fatigue was my first sign hun but I'm worried sick at 4 weeks abd 6 days that something is going to go wrong so if I were you I'd wait until you've missed about three periods to test lol! No seriously 8dpo you may get bfn either way. I waited till 13dpo with difficulty though so I get your anxt to get in and test xx gl! Let us know

Ladies,
I am 8 DPO today, I have not tested yet, but i could fall asleep at my desk! i have NEVER been this tired in my whole life. I went to bed before 9pm last night, and got up at 630.. I have been tired like this for about 4 days.. had 1 spot of blood a couple days ago.. AF not due for 6 days. Im not sure if i should wait or test now.. any one else been extremely tired at 8dpo and had a BFP?? thanks for the help!!

My tiredness has just kicked in (at 12dpo with a bfp at 8dpo) but there was a lot going on before that which made me think "uh-huh!" Have you had any other feelings like cramping, tingling or soreness? I had all three from 4dpo so knew something was up! I'd try to wait a couple more days and test with a FRER as that'll give any nesting egg some time to get producing HCG. Knowing early is actually quite stressful, i'm convinced that every cramp and twinge is a bad sign and that every lack of symptom also spells doom so maybe it's best not to know until later?! I guess it's because i don't want to get my hopes up until the bubby is techically viable...and that's a lllooooonnnnggg 21 weeks away! I hope you get your :bfp: soon! X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->