BFP but full AF bleeding. FINAL UPDATE POST 343

I've had spotting on and off today and cramping. I'm debating weather or not to go in or wait to Monday.

Not going to give a huge update right now as I'm pretty overwhelmed but the sac has stopped growing. It's still the same size as it was on the 16th and on the 8th. Hcg hasn't changed really. Was 163 and is now 160. I have been scheduled to see a gynecologist tomorrow who will likely schedule a dnc. Can anyone tell me what happens at one?

So sorry :( at a d/c they sedate you a lot. Then dilate the cervix and clean out the uterus and abnormal pregnancy. Bleeding cramping for a few days . Period then returns 4-8 (sometimes longer) weeks later. D/c is the quickest and easiest way to miscarry IMO. But since you are spotting and the Hcg is dropping you may pass everything on your own very soon.

I was completely put out during my d&c, but yes they dilate cervix and remove the abnormal pregnancy etc

I was out too; asleep but it was heavy sedation. No breathing tube. Very heavy sedation.

I am so sorry :( that's so awful.
I was thinking the same thing that someone else said, since your hormones are dropping and you are spotting maybe you will pass it on your own but I have heard that D&C is quicker and less traumatic on your emotions.
Hope you're okay <3

The spotting actually isn't coming from my uterus. It's coming from an irritation in my cervix which is closed tight. And the cramping is a uti lol. They think a d&c will be best as it's tearing me apart emotionally and I have my best friends wedding in 3 weeks and mine in august so I'd hate to start miscarrying during that time. The feeling pregnant every day knowing I'm not really is killing me and my doctor thinks this will be best for me.

Yeah since it's not coming from uterus and you have something going on get the d/c. Soo sorry again :(

I am so sorry you are going through this. Lots and lots of :hugs:.

I'm so sorry! Sending hugs and positive thoughts. I hope you're able to get your d&c soon and begin the healing process. :hugs:

I am sorry to read your last update. I went through almost the exact same thing. I was 11 weeks pregnant with all the symptoms (including throwing up) and got diagnosed with blighted ovum. I had a D & C scheduled for the following week. Besides having to spend the day at the hospital waiting the procedure is very quick. I got an IV fell asleep and 15 minutes later I was awake. No pain. Had some cramping for a few days that was managed with advil. I went back to work the next day. I had some bleeding for a few days afterwards. I got my period almost exactly 30 days later and ovulated that month. I wanted to D & C because it looked like it wasn't going to happen naturally (although I know it would have eventually). I just wanted everything out of me and to move forward. Like you said, having pregnancy symptoms without a pregnancy is just cruel.

Let me know if you have any other questions. Again, I am sooo sorry for your loss.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->