BFP - but is it real

Chilly Willy

Back on the ttc train!
Reaction score
Hi there,
Not sure if I am posting this question in the right area. I had two very faint lines on IC's over the past few days and did a digi today only to get a 'Pregnant 1-2 weeks'. While I am obviously delighted - by my calculations I am 17 dpo so would have expected stronger lines on ic's by now AND would expect '2-3 weeks' on a digi? I am tormenting myself now wondering if its because my hormone levels are not rising enough?
Any words of wisdom - Am I expecting too much?

From what I've seen, ics take forever to get darker. You may also have ovulated later. Have you tried a different brand? Maybe a frer? Congrats!

I've never used ics or a digi but I have read lots of posts from ladies whose ics don't progress and the word on the digi is that it can vary. Some people have taken a few and got different dates.
Don't panic as 17 days is still close to 14 days. I have found with my pregnancies (iincluding my successful one) that my eggs are slow to develop for the first week after implantation and I get an ultrasound that gives more a later due date.

I only got a faaaaint bfp on a frer at 15dpo, and the lines weren't dark until after 20dpo. Also, I remember taking a digi two days after my bfp (so 17dpo) and it was only 1-2weeks. Try not to stress, sometimes you just implant late :)

Do NOT go by that digi....First off those things don't go by actual ovulation. They go by the guesstimated amount of hCG in your urine (which can vary due to so many things) and the dates are based off of a range of hCG. 1-2 weeks shows up if your hCG level in your wee is between 25-200mIU, 2-3 weeks is 200-2,000mIU, and 3+ is 2,000+mIu. I've had a 1-2 weeks with hCGs of 236 and 333 and it's simply because the amount of hCG in my pee is that much less than that in my blood. The only way to know what your levels are doing is to get a quantitative hCG blood test done and then a repeat in a few days. The amount of change will tell you if things are most likely progressing as usual.

I'm 14 Dpo
My IC are dark (they are sensitivity of 20)
But my digi is still showing 1-2
I got bloods done today so I will let you know if the digi is way off.

Just thought I would update
My nurse called me and said my hcg is measuring it at 6 weeks and I'm only 4
So the digi is incorrect :) xx

If your 4 weeks pregnant then the digi based on the top estimate at 2 weeks is that not right? As doctors add 2 weeks on so that would make 4 weeks? Not sure if that's correct lol I just thought that's the way they work they are telling you conceived 1-2 weeks so in the doctors eyes it's 3-4 weeks so could be spot on 4 weeks :) congratulations by the way I'm sure the digi will say 2-3 weeks in no time :) xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->