BFP Chasers...........Feel free to join....

Bella had a similar bug! She had a fever for a day and a half that started with vomitting. Fortunately, that part didn’t last long.

Mum- How wonderful that you had a great scan in the end! I can sympathize with the difficulty, Kai was very uncooperative too. I had to drink a cold drink and do some exercises (can’t remember what). I’m sure you’ll be deeply in love with your princess when she arrives! I’m sorry that you don’t get the homebirth you planned, and that your consultant doesn’t sound too nice. But I’m glad that you’re trying to look at the bright side of things now. I hope that things continue to be great for you and you don’t feel too much discomfort. How is sleeping now, are you still comfortable enough? I seem to be starting to be uncomfortable in certain positions…

Wish- Yeah, things are mostly up and running, thanks. We lost a fair number of power supplies and some equipment, and some of the complex equipment are still coming up, they take something like a week to be stable for use. The company is talking about shutting off power again on Wednesday. I was so angry, but luckily the lab is not in the listed area this time. Yup, this company is the reason for a huge forest fire last year, and they paid themselves and shareholders instead of concentrating on their non-existant maintanence. They also declared bankruptcy, and they raised our electrical bills. Wonderful company.
Hehe, I wish I didn’t worry so much. I actually am a lot more relaxed about things this time around and refused to read any negative stuff, but I read far too many horror stories in my first pregnancy and I can remember what they are. Oh yes, Beanie moves around after I drink soda too.
It sounds like you’ve got some good ideas about potty training already. And Timothy sounds like he’s getting ready. Kai sometimes pats his butt after he does a poo, but mostly not. I do worry about when to start, as I can’t be trying to potty train Kai while dealing with a newborn.

Sounds like a great weekend, even if you feel a bit distant from your friends now. I have the same thing with my friends here (they were friends I had from graduate school days), we only see each other at birthday parties or other events. Hopefully you and I will make some close new friends. I’ve had so many chapters in my life, so many different groups of friends, I guess this is just another one of them.
Poor M! I’m glad he’s better now. It’s so sad when our LOs are ill. I’m bracing myself for sickness season, I think Kai is also under the weather right now.

TTC- Sorry about your stressful time with Bella’s potty training and your misbehaving cycle. You’re brave! I’m dreading potty training Kai, I’m too afraid to even think about it!

Well, my temp dropped. So, I'm expecting AF within 48 hours now.

Bella sat on the potty naked last night! We did all the appropriate cheering and stickers we could handle! Fingers crossed that she was happy enough about it to continue doing so.

FX'ed for you, TTC!!! Hopefully Bella takes off now!! I'm sorry about your temp, though.

miki - yeah, I've been through a ton of chapters too and yes, they actually all do seem to come (and go) with their own sets of friends - good point. I just was hoping that we were settled enough now to keep the ones we had forever. Oh well. The bday party was tolerable and we saw their family members that we adore too, so that was good. But we were chasing after the boys for the most part so any of the pressures of having to come up with conversation or be familiar with each other were thwarted by that, so that helped!
I just thought of this but I guess I'm surprised your lab isn't kept up by a backup fuel generator?
How are you feeling? How far along are you now?

Yay, Bella! Hopefully she continues to make good progress with her potty training. Sorry about your temp drop though, TTC.

Wish- I know what you mean about wishing that the group of friends was the one what would last. I'm hoping to find my forever group of friends now too. Chasing the boys around... sounds like the last gatherings we've been to! DH was upset as he imagined that we would be able to sit down and have comfortable chats all day long. Sigh, I really have to get him to lower his expectations.
Well, I've just shut down the lab equipment again in preparation for a possible power shutdown this Saturday! I'm so sick of the greedy power company, disguising their actions as "life saving". At least we "only" have this one shutdown this time around, unlike some other areas which already had one on Wednesday and will have another on Saturday. We don't have emergency power for much at the lab, I guess because it would cost too much and we're government funded. So only really critical and special equipment has the luxury of having backup power. The vast majority of us had equipment fail when the power came up, plus the voltage for the entire lab is measuring a lot higher than what it's supposed to be (like 110V is now 125V, etc).

I now am worrying about how I will feel about Kai when the baby is born. It scares me to think that I might feel distanced from him, we're so close now. I read many mom's stories about how the first born suddenly seems big and annoying, plus they act up and make things worse. I don't want that to become the new normal, I want to make sure that both kids feel equally loved and cared for.

Oh yes, I'm almost 20 weeks along! Is my ticker not showing? I can see it...

Thanks for asking how I am, Wish! I'm feeling more uncomfortable at this stage than I expected, already feeling like everything's squished up in there. My legs are starting to always feel sore, so my jogging sessions are getting to be more like fast walks. And (TMI) I have bad stress incontinence. I hate sneezing! I never really fully recovered from the birth, so now I'm paying the price. Argh! On the plus side, I now feel mentally good enough to sometimes enjoy being pregnant :haha:

Hey girls! I'm 34 (I'll be 35 in December) we are ttc for number 2! My first just turned 1 year old. My mother in law doesn't drive me nuts, but she does live about 13 hours away. So maybe that has something to do with it.
This is our first cycle trying again. So nervous. First time it took us 2 years.

Welcome, Boog - I hope your second baby comes a lot faster than 2 years! I assume you guys are just regular old BD'ing? :)

miki - i'm glad you're finding some mental space to enjoy the pregnancy! If it helps, I've NEVER heard anyone say that when their 2nd one comes, their first one seems annoying! I think they are probably toddlers so toddlers, by nature, become tough to deal with. But that would be with or without a new baby. And I'm also sure the pressures of a newborn PLUS dealing with a toddler are annoying themselves but I've heard nothing but women being nervous about loving a new baby as much as they love their firsts, but then their hearts just doubling in size as soon as the baby is born. It's not a replacement, it's an addition. I think you'll be great, Kai will be an amazing big brother and your family will be complete! <3
Oh and I can see your ticker, I just wasn't looking! der.

I want to see Halloween costumes of the kiddos!!! I love this time of year!

Hi, ladies!

It's been a really long time since I was on here and I've missed all of you! September was super busy with work and a trip to MD and then I got a cold at the beginning of October that turned into an upper respiratory infection and then a lower respiratory infection that, all told, lasted FOUR WEEKS. I am finally on the mend and back at work, but it was a long ride.

Miki and Mum - glad to hear your scans went well and your little ones look good. I can't believe you're both 1/2 way through already!

Wish - your boys sound like a handful right now, but also cute. I think it's true that they are super adorable at times in order to keep us from giving them away :haha:

Miki - glad to see that Kai is doing well and that you were able to successfully advocate for his developmental (and fun) needs with DH. It sounds stressful, but I'm so happy to hear that you're making progress with DH's anxiety.

TTC - potty training does not sound fun. Some people are trying to pressure us to begin potty training now with M, but I'm just not ready yet at 18 mo to tackle that. I hope that all the praise she got for sitting on the potty naked will make her want to keep doing that!

Welcome to the new ladies. Baby dust to you and I hope you all get your BFPs soon! This is a great thread with lots of supportive ladies.

Lee, Rain, and Taurus - it's so nice to see you stop by and update us on your little ones. Time really does fly!

AFM - whooo... where to begin? So much has happened in a couple of months, but not necessarily earth-shattering stuff. Let's see... Miriam turned 18 months about 10 days ago and started walking a week before that (finally!). She's now walking like a champ, but still holds her arms up in the air a lot, so it looks like she's cheering for herself :laugh2: Her 18 mo check-up was good and she finally weighs over 20 lbs (though it feels like it'll be 100 years before we can get rid of the infant positioner in her carseat at 22 lbs!) and is 31 inches tall. She is still in PT and OT and now they've added speech therapy because she isn't saying many words yet. However, the pediatrician felt her language could explode at any minute because of how good her comprehension is. We shall see. This kid has a busier schedule than I do, with all of her therapies!
At 18 mo, Miriam is starting to use the word "no" to us and also get frustrated when she can't do what she wants, whether it's because of inability or us stopping her. No total meltdowns yet, but definitely some whiny, angry, frustrated sounds and pouting from time to time.
We have started working more consistently with her on limits and expectations for behavior and she seems to be responding. I get the sense that there are times when she knows she isn't supposed to be doing something, but either can't control the impulse or wants to test the limit (example: banging toys on the wall or pulling on the floor lamp). In the last week, we started asking her to help clean up her toys before bed and she's been really great about it. The only issue is making sure she doesn't immediately take them back out after everything is put away! Generally, this kid is a happy girl and really easy to manage, but I can see the toddlerhood challenges coming down the pike.
The poor thing currently has an ear infection, but I'm pretty pleased that this is her first illness since birth, other than a minor cold that was so mild that we didn't know she had it until the pediatrician told us during a well-child visit. Honestly, we almost missed the ear infection this time because she seemed so normal and not sick, other than sleeping way more than usual and being kind of puny when she was awake. I called the nurse line to ask if that was normal during teething and she felt that it could be an ear infection. So a quick trip to the doctor the next day and now we have antibiotics and a much happier kiddo today.
On the MIL front, things are definitely getting worse with her memory. DW was there for a week in October to help MIL get a cat and take care of a few items of business. Well, getting the cat completely overwhelmed her and MIL broke down crying because she felt so unsure of herself. She is now aware that she has memory problems, but has no sense of how bad they are and how impaired she is. We are pretty worried about her and she has sounded super confused since DW returned home. So there will be some difficult decisions in the near future, such as driving privileges and living arrangements/level of care. For now, we ended up with the cat, bringing our nose count back up to 4. The baby couldn't be more thrilled to have another "kee-ey" (kitty) in the house, though!
I personally am feeling a little overwhelmed/worried about M's development and the delays she is still experiencing. Everyone seems certain she will "catch up" to her actual age by 2 yrs old, but that's looming so near now that I worry about what happens if she doesn't. But we're going to think positively and plan to start preschool in the fall 2 days a week to help with socialization, which may help her learn quickly from the other kids. I'm also worried about DW and MIL, as that is a stressful situation. Oh, and DW is having hip replacement surgery in January so that will be a big deal for all of us. I'm excited for her to feel better, but it's major surgery and a 3-month recovery period. Eek!
I think that covers most of the major stuff that's happened. I'm so glad that you all are still here and the thread is going strong!

Welcome Boognishrises! I hope it happens quickly for you this time.

Wish- I really appreciate your thoughts on the 1st child/2nd child issue. It really helped me to hear that you never heard anyone say that. My sister too told me the exact same thing, including the part where the people she knew were nervous about loving the 2nd baby as much as the 1st. I just got so nervous as I was reading so many stories online about forever ruined relationships with the 1st child. Argh, I can't imagine what I would do if that happened. I hope that I can help Kai be a wonderful big brother.

Wicky! I’m so happy to see you back here and to read your update! I’m sorry that you and your loved ones have been going through so much. It’s amazing how you all have been coping at home with everyone suffering or struggling with one thing or another. I’m glad that you and Miriam are doing better, and I hope that your DW’s surgery and recovery will go well.
You and DW have so much on your plate, with your MIL’s failing health and worries about M’s development. I hope that things get much better for you all real soon. From my vantage point, M has developed so much since your last update. I think she’s approaching the age where everything seems to accelerate, especially speaking. I bet you’ll see a lot more improvement then!
Miriam sounds so adorable, and so well behaved with no meltdowns. I can imagine her walking around with her arms up, that stage is so cute! And as usual, her photos are just so sweet and adorable. I love the saying on her shirt!
Thanks for your kind words, I’m so glad that DH and I made headway with his anxieties, and I feel happier for Kai.

AFM- I had the anatomy scan today, and all looked good! I was quite relieved, until I read on the report that my cervix measured 3.2 cm. My doc said that it was fine, but I’m so worried after reading posts by people who say that 3cm at 20 weeks is short. I now am worried about preterm labor! I’m trying to relax and be happy about the great scan today, but it is hard.

For Halloween, I didn’t think Kai would be able to stay happily dressed in an elaborate costume, so I decided to paint Kai’s face and draw on his shirt for his costume. Unfortunately it looked so bland and homemade next to the colorful store-bought costumes of the other kids! I’ll try to post photos tomorrow.

Here are some pics of Kai dressed up as a "little scientist". I drew on the lab coat and glasses. I was amazed that most of the face paint stayed on for his whole day at daycare. There's a pic of Kai taken today without "glasses"... the face paint came off better than I expected.

Amazed_little_scientist.jpg
happy_little_scientist.jpg little_scientist_at_work.jpg Kai_couch.jpg pantless_little_scientist.jpg

Miki, I love Kai's costume! What a great and simple idea! Miriam and I went as cat (me) and mouse (her). We had a lot of fun and she seemed to enjoy it. Here are a couple of pictures. Can't wait to see others' pictures of their cuties all dressed up!

FB_IMG_1572576549682.jpg FB_IMG_1572576570299.jpg IMG_2037-1.jpg IMG_2038-1.jpg

Thanks, I'm glad my simple idea turned out pretty well. M is so adorable dressed up as a mouse! What a wonderful costume, and I love how you both went as cat and mouse. Adorable and fun!

Anyone else have photos to share?

How was everyone's weekend? We went to Santa Cruz for an overnight stay over the weekend and brought Kai to the boardwalk. He did the carousel ride and a bouncy cars ride with me, but there wasn't any other ride open that was suitable for small toddlers. So glad he got to go on his first rides! DH has finally opened up to giving him more experiences. So happy about that, and so thrilled that Kai had a blast on his trip!

Hello ladies! How is everyone doing? Happy Friday!! :)

Wicky - so good to hear from you!! Miriam is so cute, I could nibble her! Your costumes were awesome and I'm SO happy to hear about all of her development! I'm sure she's on an upswing too, like Miki said - it just seems to start happening daily, especially when they start talking. Timothy mimics, or at least tries to, everything we say now. I'm sure daycare does help - they are around so many other kids and adults. I'm sure it'll be great for M!
I'm really sorry to read about your MIL - I dread that time of our lives. I've already lost my MIL a few years ago but we didn't see the 'decline' of old age with her, as she died from cardiac arrest I believe from battling cancer for so long. She was in her early 60's. :cry:

miki - I can't get over Kai's costume!! How creative of you, and simple and efficient, and likely he wouldn't take it off b/c it was just regular clothing!! AWESOME!! You're brilliant!! And man, I'd pay to take a nibble out of his cheeks too - he's so stinkin cute! I can't wait to see Baby #2!!
Girl, it sounds like you need to stop Googling!! if Dr says it's ok, then it's ok. There is something that's probably happened to a few people but maybe had nothing to do with their cervix size! I'm sure there are a few other things that play into early labor, not just that. And if all of those other things are fine, then you'll be great. I know, SO MUCH easier said than done. I'd probably be a mess during another pregnancy. So much PTSD we have to deal with from infertility. I'm very relieved you had such a great scan, though! Must have been so great - I loved that part of my pregnancy. All the medical science-y stuff!
What a wonderful weekend you had and YAYYYYYY for DH opening up to experiences for Kai!!

Not too much going on here - we've been battling our way through that bug that Malcolm brought home to share with us. DH had a touch of it, then I had a morning of nausea, then T had it and also was dealing with a cold/upper respiratory stuff, then DH got it big time this week. Brought T into the Dr to check out the respiratory thing b/c he was really gargly and wheezy. They said he was slightly wheezy so they gave him the steroid that starts with a D for croup (Dexametrozone??) even though he didn't have croup. It was more to ward off anything worse and open him up. There was one night where he was coughing a lot at about 3am and I went in to check on him. He was up so I picked him up and he could barely get a word out, he was so tight and choked up. So we did a couple puffs of albuterol, the steam shower and I slept with him on the floor of their room for the rest of the morning (read: he slept, I maybe dozed for 15 mins). He's doing better now, though - still has a little cough and some stuffiness but we're now battling the later fall/early winter weather coming up, heat on in the house, not a lot of fresh air. I'm just hoping this winter is a lot better for us for illnesses for them than last year. With everyone having tubes in their ears, M with his adenoids out, and them just being older with about 18 mos of daycare under their belts, hopefully their immune systems are a lot more prepared this year.
Anyway - the boys are talking like CRAZY, throwing tantrums/biting and hitting when frustrated a lot more than they were (mostly T), and having a tough time with the time change (again, mostly T). Time Outs are a thing already, whether or not they understand them. We just have to remove him from the situation b/c he goes bizerk and can't think straight and you can tell the sole goal in his eyes is to bite. I think he is turning out to be our sensitive one but I think he's also pretty damn smart. So we're going to have to keep up with him, keep him occupied and challenged. Malcolm is very smart too, but I have a feeling he'll be the logical/street smart one and T will be one that wiggles around if he's not challenged enough. Malcolm just kinda rolls with it and goes off to find something else that interests him for a bit. So far, anyway - M also seems to be behind T by a few weeks whenever there is a developmental milestone so maybe he'll be throwing tantrums in 2 weeks!
Here are a couple pics of the boys at Halloween - the caveman and dinosaur again :) Then just a couple of other randoms of the fun we have and the monkey skills of Malcolm :haha:

Boys Halloween Home.jpg boys Halloween School.jpg Malcolm fridge.jpg Malcolm Halloween.jpg Mama Timothy stickers.jpg

Those photos of M and T are so cute, Wish! Love seeing that caveman and dinosaur theme again, so much fun. And I love the pic of Malcolm being a little monkey! I may be biased, but I think that the photos of the LOs on this thread are all so ridiculously adorable. I’m glad you liked Kai’s Halloween outfit. I was so worried that it would not come out well, but once I’d drawn on the glasses, DH and I were in stitches at how silly and adorable Kai looked.
Heh, I think I did way too much research when I was pregnant with Kai. I don’t really read up on pregnancy stuff now, but I remember all the scary things from before. I really wish I could forget them all! I like what you said about other things coming into play, I think you’re right. The simple cause of those premature births at first glance seems to be cervix length, but I’m sure there are other factors, and there’s no point worrying about it.
Wow, I think you guys are all super strong for being able to cope with all those illnesses. DH freaks out if Kai coughs during his sleep! I hope that you all are now recovered and are stronger for it! I’m really afraid of the flu season, mainly because I’m afraid of being very ill during pregnancy.

Kai also tries to bite us and to hit at our faces, but he does it when he’s really happy and over excited. Kind of like how an excited puppy would act. Like Timothy, he has this look in his face and he “HAS” to try to bite. He approaches with this laughing wide open mouth. It seems like he mostly does it to me, and only sometimes to DH. We haven’t been able to stop it, but we’ve never tried time outs. Maybe it’s something to try, but then again I think Kai thinks that it’s really funny and everything is a game. Kai also has bad tantrums, the on the floor and flailing kind. It seems like he’s like T, a sensitive little guy that feels a lot. He’s often super happy, it’s really infectious! I tell myself that he has big feelings and it’s a really nice side of his personality, and that helps me deal with his tantrums a little better.

AFM- Kai is going to transition to the 2-3 year old room! Right now the room is infant-2 year olds. It’s going to be a big change as the older kids seem to have more structure in their weekly activities: cooking, trip to the nearby park/orchard, library trip, Spanish circle, etc. I’m feeling excited but sad and afraid for Kai. What if he misses his old room? Luckily they transition kids together, and he has his current best buddy moving to the new room together. But I’m going to miss the teachers and the room too!

How’s everyone else? Mum, how are you feeling? Is your sciatica any better? I noticed last night that I had edema in my legs. They’d been swollen and I didn’t even notice.

I’m not doing so bad now miki, thank you. I’ve been discharged from physio for the time being as I think it’s as good as it’s going to get. She’s told me I can re-refer anytime if need be or contact them for advice so fingers crossed!
Thank you for asking. Hope the sweeping doesn’t get too bad. Make sure you spend some time each day with your feet above your waist. It may help. Good luck xx

yeah that's a really great way to look at it and I think maybe that's how I was subconsciously thinking about it - Timothy has big feelings. I love that! I can tell he does - Malcolm is way more even-keeled but Timothy has big ups and downs. Malcolm has sort of starting biting but not really. I think he just remembers he saw Timothy do it so he tries but he's so off-target and not really THAT mad when he's doing it that's kinda funny. I sorta take his face and just nudge him to the side and am like 'yeah right...don't even try it'. He's the one that points to 'Jim' in the book Hop on Pop and says 'No Bite!!' :haha:

Oh that's a big transition for Kai!! I'm sure he'll be just fine and is probably very ready for it and more structure. I'm sure you'll see huge differences in him. And that's awesome he's going with friends. Do they have any sort of early transition where he can go and spend a day in that room for a few days? The boys did that to test out how it would be and it was awesome. They didn't flinch.
The boys already get moved up to the 2 yr room for us too, in Jan!! We had to wait a little bit for the last transition b/c they needed to make room but this one doesn't have to wait. They've only been in there since April I think? or March? Sheesh. But they too are going with a few others at the same time so it won't be a huge deal. And they aren't as close to this current teacher as they were to their Infant one, who they are still close to and visits with them every day.
We also moved the boys up to the next level class at My Gym - so many people were bringing their little teeny ones that don't walk yet or are just learning. The other class starts at 23 months but she said we could move them early. So we'll start that this weekend. They just run around the little ones right now, Timothy gets air when he's on the trampoline and then there are these teeny babies trying to crawl around. I'm glad we're moving up.

Glad you're doing pretty well, mum! Everything seems more uncomfortable in pregnancy, doesn't it? Are you feeling a wave of energy in your second trimester? Sometimes I have just enough energy to get a bunch of stuff done, and the next day I am almost unable to move from exhaustion! I think my leg swelling is fine now, thanks. But then I've had terrible nasal congestion at night, I get anxious and I can't sleep after I get up in the middle of the night. Do you get that too? It's driving me crazy and I can't find a remedy that works for me.

Wish- It's funny how your boys seem to have very different personalities. Must be so cute and interesting to see them interact! I hope they had a great time in the next level class at My Gym.
Yup, they have a transition plan which starts with a couple of days of 2 hours in the new room, then he has half the day or more in the new room for a few more days. He did the 2 hour stints on Thursday and Friday last week and did awesome. Today, he spent the morning and nap time in the new room and everything went seamlessly. I'm so relieved that he seems to be happy in the new room, and had no tears or hesitation at leaving the "old" room. I think I'm having a harder time thinking of leaving the old room than he is! I hope that T and M will have a seamless transition in January. Guess you've been through it once before, so at least you sort of know what to expect!

DH's cousins and family are here, so this past weekend was birthday parties with them and general family craziness. Kai had such a great time because everyone wanted to play with him, but I feel exhausted. And my parents are coming for 10 days, starting next Tuesday. I'm tired already just thinking about it!

How's everyone else?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"