bfp getting lighter

Coopers_mummy

Mummy of 2
Reaction score
Hello ladies. Looking for some advice please. After 20 months of ttc and our first round of Clomid, I finally got a bfp. I started to feel sick at 9dpo, took a test at 10dpo with fmu which was so so faint I'm not 100% it was even there. Took another at 11dpo with fmu and was bfp still faint, 12dpo with fmu bfp still faint, maybe a little darker then the day before. Then today at 13dpo with fmu it's still bfp but much lighter than the past two days.
Could this be a sign of a chemical pregnancy?
How likely is it to get 3 false positives?

I'm on my phone so can't look at the steps - hopefully someone else can tell you how to do it

It sounds like a chemical. 3 positives is very unlikely. I'm sorry :(

I don't think its necessarily a chemical it's just early days! I think you should leave it 2-3 days before testing. My tests were so light for ages and didn't get dark for a while x

Try not to panic :hugs:.It could be a chemical but it certainly could still all be OK. How dark your tests are can depend on what time of day you tested, how diluted your urine was, whether you used different brands and just test to test differences. I'd wait a few days (hard as that is!) and test again, hopefully your tests will be darker :hugs:

*Hugs*

I also agree with trying to wait a few days if you can.

Really hope this will be your BFP! <3 x

Hi CoopersMummy, what brand did you use to test? Some brands pick up bfps super early while others take longer. I'd agree with Moummytobe93 and say wait a few days at least until 14dpo to test again or closed to the day you'd expect your period to come.

I agree with the other ladies Hun. I've never personally had a dark bfp before af date. With this pregnancy my bfp at 15dpo was so very faint I could barely see it and it wasn't till about a week after that my lines started getting as dark as the control line. My midwife said that when testing to see progression it's best to leave 2-3 days between testing. And then to discount any small differences in lines as they are usually down to urine concentration. I know it's hard but try not to worry. Maybe pop and see your go to see if they are willing to do bloods for a hcg count.

Hi ladies. Thank you so much for your replies. Using accu news. It's just a cheap one from home bargains. I have decided to wait a few days and see what happens. I have just checked the tests again and they all now seem the same colour, so thinking that maybe yesterday's one looked darker than today's because it was dry

I wouldn't give up hope! With DD2 I had a fmu test come lighter than the previous day and I panicked, but it all worked out. My tests this time didn't get dark until well past AF was do. Hoping your test is darker tomorrow!

My last cheapie I used at 4w2d was still faint even though strong lines on others and a 2-3 on a digital so wouldn't panic xx

I used that same test after my bfp with a frer and it was rubbish, the line was so faint. Honestly buy a frer you wont regret it x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->