BFP- Happy, but worried

nicole6212

Reaction score
I have only posted on here a couple times, but DH and I were NTNP for a year, and TTC for about a year after that. We do not want to tell anyone IRL yet, but on Thursday I finally got a solid BFP! Noone knows we were trying, but I just can not keep it to myself any more! :D
In March we started using pre-seed and occasionally a soft cup, but in May we only used pre-seed once, which would have been just after I ovulated. It is kind of funny, because I had actually given up hope that May would be the month, as we BD on the 22nd, and my OPK showed positive on the 23rd, my BBT showed ovulation on the 25th, and we were not able to BD again until the 26th. I got a couple very faint positives on 11 and 16 DPO, but did not want to get my hopes up, so I waited. At 18 DPO I got a nice dark positive. I am so ecstatic, but at the same time I worry about getting my hopes up. We are not going to tell anyone until I have started the second trimester. Is anyone else afraid that it seems to good to be true when they see the BFP? I have re-tested twice, and keep temping just to make sure it is still there in the morning. I do not think it will seem really at least until my doctors appointment, which is not until the 30th.

Attachments

• test.jpg
    test.jpg
    14.5 KB · Views: 4
Yes, I think that is pretty normal when we first see that BFP. I'm pretty sure I tested 30+ times just to be sure :winkwink:

Just embrace, and relax, as much as possible! And congrats!!!! <3

Thanks, ToughhGal. I thinks it's just because I've been waiting so long and reading about all the stuff that could go wrong. I was worried a bit with my DS, but he was a surprise. With him, when I saw the test, I just though, Ok, I'm having a baby. With this lil one, I'm thinking, ok, it could be a chemical pregnancy, or ectopic, or i could miscarry... I want to focus on the good, but I'll be shattered if anything happens, so I'm trying to prepare for that.

I know exactly how you feel! I just got my bfp at 8dpo and I've been obsessing about the darkest of my lines ever since...but I keep telling myself to relax and enjoy every day that I know I am pregnant

I know exactly how you feel! I just got my bfp at 8dpo and I've been obsessing about the darkest of my lines ever since...but I keep telling myself to relax and enjoy every day that I know I am pregnant

Congrats on your bfp, and lots of sticky baby dust to you. Waiting is always so hard!

I'm 10 weeks tomorrow and I still don't feel like it's real. We've only told close family members, and won't be telling anyone else until 16 weeks or longer. I just want to be sure. I haven't even posted in first trimester because I'm afraid of jinxing.

Congrats on the BFP - Good luck and H&H 9months!

Congrats!
Totally normal to feel like that :) I didn't believe it until we had a scan at 8 weeks!

Congratulations! Wishing you a happy and healthy 9 months :flower:

Congratulations on your BFP! Happy and healthy 9 months! :)

I'm 10 weeks tomorrow and I still don't feel like it's real. We've only told close family members, and won't be telling anyone else until 16 weeks or longer. I just want to be sure. I haven't even posted in first trimester because I'm afraid of jinxing.

Congrats on the BFP - Good luck and H&H 9months!

I thought I was the only one afraid to post there! I was hesitant about changing my signature too but I figured what the hell!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->