BFP... Now what?? Dr? Wait? Confused...

bumpbug

Reaction score
Hi all!
Well I officially got my :bfp: 2 days ago!
With #2...

According to my Ovia app I am 4weeks and 1 day.
What do I do now?
Make an appointment with the doctor?
Am I supposed to be getting an ultrasound done?

What should I plan doing over the next few weeks?

I've forgotten everything since #1.

Insights would be great.
Thanks all

Congrats!

I'd make an appointment with your doctor, and then you'll have to book in with a midwife or OBGYN. The sooner you do this the better, as they fill up based on the month you're due. They'll due the basic blood tests and let you know where to go from there!

Depends on where in the world you are if in the uk book directly with your local midwive team its faster then getting a referal from the gp plus take your folic acid /pregnacare unless theres complication you wont get offered a scan so first one will be at 12 weeks booking with a gp normally occurs between 7-10 weeks congratulations xx

No point in an u/s...you won't see anything for a few more weeks. You should schedule a dr appt. They may see you now or after 8 weeks. Urine test, pap, blood tests.

First of all - congratulations!

Second of all - call your doctor. I was in the same boat as you a few weeks ago (found out about halfway through my 3rd week) so I called my doctor. They sent me for a blood test, and have sent me for several more as they want the hCG level to be above 2,000 before they schedule me for an appointment or ultrasound. I just had my blood drawn for the fourth time this morning, and the results will be in tomorrow. It should definitely be over 2,000 this week, it was at 905 last Thursday :D

Yes, as all the pps have said, definitely get into a doctor, preferably either a midwife or OB that are specialized to deal with pregnant women. I would schedule it ASAP because they do tend to fill up quick and it usually takes between 2-6 weeks to get in for a first appointment depending upon the practice, and then by that time the baby will be large enough to be seen on ultrasound. Some doctors may give you an ultrasound at your first appointment, others do not. Again it all depends upon the practice. Massive congrats to you and good luck!

Yes, I would see a doctor :) Congratulations! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->