Bfp or bfn??? Help

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Tests' started by Ds mommy, Nov 19, 2011.

  1. Ds mommy

    Ds mommy Member

    Joined:
    Nov 19, 2011
    Messages:
    21
    Likes Received:
    0
    I am new to this but I have read many forums and they were very helpful so I decided to give it a go! I have been feeling nauseous lately but chalked it up to stress but just in case tonight I decided I better take a test before I sat down with a glass of wine. I took a first response ( pink lines) and nothing at all showed I in the window not even the control line I did it right (even dipped it) so decided to try again with another first response that was negative. I want convinced so I tried a ept digital and that was positive!!!!! However I then read that some women get false positives with digital tests so Later when I went to the bathroom again I tried the last first response in the pack and again it was negative however another ept digital was positive... I font know which to believe!? Any opinions would be greatly appreciated! Thanks :shrug:
     
  2. irmastar

    irmastar proud mom & a bit preggo

    Joined:
    Jul 27, 2011
    Messages:
    1,565
    Likes Received:
    0
    i think the only way to sort this out is to go to the doctor, but i'll go for the digi.
     
  3. Ds mommy

    Ds mommy Member

    Joined:
    Nov 19, 2011
    Messages:
    21
    Likes Received:
    0
    I would like to go with the digital too :happydance: and congrats on your news I see 4 weeks along :)
     
  4. irmastar

    irmastar proud mom & a bit preggo

    Joined:
    Jul 27, 2011
    Messages:
    1,565
    Likes Received:
    0
    aww thanks ds mommy, praying for everything to have a healthy pregnancy
     
  5. Ds mommy

    Ds mommy Member

    Joined:
    Nov 19, 2011
    Messages:
    21
    Likes Received:
    0
    Will pray for you too!!
     
  6. 3kiddosmaybe4

    3kiddosmaybe4 Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Jul 17, 2011
    Messages:
    2,835
    Likes Received:
    1
    I'd trust the digi. Am I reading it right...did you do more than one digi?
     
  7. Ds mommy

    Ds mommy Member

    Joined:
    Nov 19, 2011
    Messages:
    21
    Likes Received:
    0
    Yes I took 2 ept digital tests and both were positive
     
  8. 3kiddosmaybe4

    3kiddosmaybe4 Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Jul 17, 2011
    Messages:
    2,835
    Likes Received:
    1
    I've personally never heard of a false positive digi like EVER but do have a major dislike of FR tests, so trust the digi!!
     
  9. TTCnum2

    TTCnum2 3 boys, hoping for pink

    Joined:
    Nov 6, 2011
    Messages:
    505
    Likes Received:
    0
    a digi cant give evap times which account for 99% of "false positives", and the other 1% is hormonal imbalance. If it said pregnant, it detected hcg. period. Congratulations:happydance:. Make urself a dr's apt asap to confirm tho.
     
  10. holywoodmum

    holywoodmum 2 girls and one cooking

    Joined:
    Nov 19, 2009
    Messages:
    4,204
    Likes Received:
    0
    I'd say don't drink the wine either way if you are concerned! Seems odd you'd get such different results, but test again in the morning maybe?
     
  11. Ds mommy

    Ds mommy Member

    Joined:
    Nov 19, 2011
    Messages:
    21
    Likes Received:
    0
    Took a clear blue digital this morning and got another :bfp: guess its time to see my ob!!! Thanks for everyones help!!!
     
  12. lilisa1982

    lilisa1982 ttc#6. 3 angel babys

    Joined:
    Aug 28, 2011
    Messages:
    63
    Likes Received:
    0
    congrats. im hoping for my:bfp: at the begaining of dec
     
  13. Ds mommy

    Ds mommy Member

    Joined:
    Nov 19, 2011
    Messages:
    21
    Likes Received:
    0
    Dont worry I didnt drink the wine!!!:winkwink:
     
  14. Ds mommy

    Ds mommy Member

    Joined:
    Nov 19, 2011
    Messages:
    21
    Likes Received:
    0
    Thank you!! Good luck to you!!!
    :dust:
     

Share This Page

  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice