BFP - Other half wont talk about it...is he scared?

Sparkle2

Reaction score
I cant believe i have just had a very faint BFP 12 dpo after a mc in Summer.

My partner wont talk though - he says he doesnt want to get hopes up till 12 weeks have past - keeps telling me to not get ahead of myself. How can i explain to him that i cant help it? And that i need to talk to him about it, and feel his excitement too, so that i dont feel alone with it?

I am so excited, and worried too - the MC was beyond hard :( (was 10 weeks).

Anything i can do to reduce mc risk this time? Am i ok with one cup of coffee a day??

Help appreciated ladies - thank you.

Jamie

I cant believe i have just had a very faint BFP 12 dpo after a mc in Summer.

My partner wont talk though - he says he doesnt want to get hopes up till 12 weeks have past - keeps telling me to not get ahead of myself. How can i explain to him that i cant help it? And that i need to talk to him about it, and feel his excitement too, so that i dont feel alone with it?

I am so excited, and worried too - the MC was beyond hard :( (was 10 weeks).

Anything i can do to reduce mc risk this time? Am i ok with one cup of coffee a day??

Help appreciated ladies - thank you.

Jamie

hello,

sorry to hear of ur loss ive been there myself. men deal with things differently and maybe this is way of trying to protect u and him from anymore hurt. we get preggers and its all we want to talk about :haha: i wouldnt force the subject on him id wait til he asks u. as now he knows u r preggers he will in his own time ask u about things. as for reducing ur risks its the usual things u have to stop, smoking n try to stay stress free. coffee is ok but not loads so one is fine:thumbup: put ur feet up, rest when u can n get to docs asap. good luck n congrats! :hugs:

Hi Jamie - sorry to hear about your loss - but CONGRATULATIONS on your bfp!! I think your OH is just scared sweetie - He saw how much it affected you last time, and it probably affected him alot as well. He's going to be scared to get excited incase he gets let down again - not by you (please dont get the wrong idea). He just doesnt want to go through the hurt again. Im sure he's very excited, but too scared to show it at the moment. Give him a bit of time - I hope he comes round soon.

:hugs:

I know hun, mine was the same and only really believed every was ok after the 12 weeks scan (that was when we found out about the MMC last time) despite having scans at 7 and 9 weeks. Having said that he still didn't want to buy anything until 24 weeks and probably only started getting excited/scared witless lol after 20 weeks when we had a 3d scan.

I know DF was just trying to protect himself and me so in a way it did help to keep me grounded.

:happydance: Congrats to you! :yipee: I agree that your partner is probably happy but just very cautious because of the previous loss. Hope things get better with that soon/

Thank you girls - you are all so right.

I wont force the issue with him - will discuss it all with you guys till the cows come home instead!! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->