BFP SO SOON? please read and help me :'(

youngmummy2be

Reaction score
i m/c three weeks ago
was having sex for a week and half since then as bleding stopped

it is POSSIBLE for me to preg isnt it? but its also poss for the preg test to detect old hcg?

In my opinion, three weeks is a bit soon. It would mean you ovulated a week after your MC. Which I suppose is possible, but not likely. But on the other hand, for hCG to still be present three weeks after a MC is quite long as well (I've been told it should all be out of my system 2 weeks afterwards).

Have you had a BFP? Maybe it's worth going to your doctor and asking them for a blood test?

Hi there. Sorry for you loss.
Yes, it is possible to be preggo again this soon after mc, but it is possible for a pregnancy test to pick up HcG left over from a prior pregnancy. Did you test negative before this positive? If not, the only way to tell is to make an appointment with your dr.
Here hoping this is a new pregnancy :dust:

In my opinion, three weeks is a bit soon. It would mean you ovulated a week after your MC. Which I suppose is possible, but not likely. But on the other hand, for hCG to still be present three weeks after a MC is quite long as well (I've been told it should all be out of my system 2 weeks afterwards).

Have you had a BFP? Maybe it's worth going to your doctor and asking them for a blood test?

yes had my BFP and got tests tomo! thnx

Hi there. Sorry for you loss.
Yes, it is possible to be preggo again this soon after mc, but it is possible for a pregnancy test to pick up HcG left over from a prior pregnancy. Did you test negative before this positive? If not, the only way to tell is to make an appointment with your dr.
Here hoping this is a new pregnancy :dust:

got bloods tomorro! had my BFP, i had a feeling i may be due to the amount if intercourse unprotected!!! no BFN either as 1st test with 1st wee of day x

FXed it's a new BFP for you - it can happen...not super common but definitely possible. :dust: Let us know what the bloods say.

It's not very likely. I fell pregnant after my early miscarriage before having a period but I didn't ovulate till day 18. You can ovualte as early as 10 days after a miscarriage but tbh it is far more likely that it's left over hcg.

The only way to know is have bloods and see if the levels go up xx

I would say possible. There is belief that hcg will pick up sooner after a recent miscarriage because your body is freshly familiar with what it is so doesn't put up resistance etc.

I really hope it is a chrismtas :bfp: for you, keep us posted :dust:

i hope it means a new baby!!!! i didnt want to have to wonder though so i took a pregnancy test a few weeks after hoping for a negative just so i knew things went down and then tried for another.

Fingers crossed it's a new baby for you! Let us know how things go!

I really hope this is a new pregnancy for you. :dust: I m/c 4 weeks ago and my hcg as of last Friday was still at 9....it can take a while for it to leave your system. Fingers crossed for you!

I'm not sure how far you were when u miscarried but mine was very early. I started mc on 10th of the month then ov'd on 24th which is when I fell pregnant again. So def possible!! Good luck x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->