BFP then BFN - what's going on?!

sherlock

Reaction score
Hi all,

I posted yesterday about my FRER BFNs, and my BFP with a CB (yesterday afternoon).

This morning, I tested again with a CB and FRER, and both were BFN. :shrug:

When I took the CB out of the packet, the BFN line was already visible (before I'd even used it) - could it be a dodgy test? There was a 'top' and 'bottom' vertical line, but it didn't go the whole way down - does that count?! It was really faint - yesterday's was stronger.

I'm not too concerned about the FRER as I never got a BFP using those, but I can't understand how I got a BFP yesterday afternoon, then BFN this morning.

I also used a CB digi (I'm obsessed :blush:) and that was BFN too, but was expecting that after the regular CB was so inconclusive.

I'm going to spend more of my hard earned cash at the chemist today in an effort to find out what's going on (think I may need to change chemist as this will be the 5th lot I've bought in the past few days!).

Will leave further testing until tomorrow. Wish me luck.

Hmm. How many days past ovulation are you? Perhaps the CB test is more sensitive than the FRER, though I've heard the FRER are usually the most accurate.

That also doesn't explain why you'd get a negative today.

As your HCG levels should double every two days, by tomorrow you should definitely have a BFP if you got a BFP two days ago.

If you still have inconclusive answers I'd call your doc and let them know to see if they'd do a blood test for you.

I was getting BFPs AND BFNs all week long when I found out I was pregnant, and even after a blood test confirmed the pregnancy I knew it wasn't going to 'stick' because of how out of whack all of the testing had been. Then I had a MC at just over 5 weeks and another blood test where my levels went down. I'm not saying that's what happening to you, of course! It's just my experience.

Good luck :hugs: and let us know what you find out.

Wishing you luck!!! And lots of it too! :flower:

This is what happened to me with my chemicals :( Just wanted to prepare you for the worst but I hope your story is more positive.

Good luck sherlock. Hope everything turns out alright for you xoxox

please go in for blood work... at least you will know and whatever is going on will be in your medical records. But I hope your test is going to be a super dark positive line!!! fingers crossed for you!!!

I'd skip the at home tests and head to the doctors office. FX for you.

Hi Ladies,

I would go to the Drs hon and get checked out....seems hpts are giving you lots of conflicting readings, maybe your dr could do bloods?

I am new to this section and have just suffered a Chemical Pregnancy....I got a BFP on a frer (albeit faint it was there!) and then started spotting right when the witch was due then yesterday my frer was BFN.....today my bleeding has got heavier and I have lost a few clots (sorry extreme tmi!) I did have a little hope that it was IB but now I am in no doubt.....I plan on going to the drs tom to be checked over and have it noted on my records because I have already been referred to the hospital for scans and I am concerned I have a real issue and this is why my bubba wasnt sticky enough!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->