BFP Today!

lennie

Reaction score
Hello ladies,

I have been lurking around on this forum for months and months but never had the courage to post.

Anyway today I got my BFP, AF should have arrived this morning but didnt so thought I would test and there it was. I've since done two more tests and they are all positive. I am over the moon :happydance: never though I would get there!

We are over the moon, my dilema is when do I tell people. I would love to wait until I had a scan and knew things were OK but I have a family event on Saturday and everyone will notice I am not drinking, we are staying over so I cant even use the excuse I am driving! I also have another family do the week after and then it will soon be Christmas.

What would you lovely ladies do? Tell my mum, dad brothers and sisters or keep quiet, any advice greatly appreciated.

congratulations!!!

Last time I was preg we didnt announce it to anyone, not even parents until 13 weeks - I dont know how I did it!!

Do what you feel is right!

Congratulations hon, wish you a very H&H 9 months x

Umm could you use antibiotics as an excuse. Then following are you driving then that you could just get away with 1 drink?

Congrats!
When to announce the great news really is a personal decision. Some couples need time to get used to the idea themselves first.
When I get my BFP I'd like to wait till I'm 8-12 wks. But that's just me, I don't like being center of attention to begin with.
As for declining drinks, I'd tell everyone you're still TTC and not drinking to be cautious ;)

Many congratulations!!!

its a hard one to know what to do, I suppose you just need to do what feels right. I didn't really want to tell anyone but my husband was despeate to tell his mum and we couldn't tell her and not my folks.

Also telling a few close friends but leaving everyone else until 12 weeks. Well that is the plan anyway. Its hard at this time of year with all the christmas nights out!!

Congrats! :) Wishing you a happy and healthy 9 months x x

Thanks everyone, I think I'm going to do my best to blag the whole not drinking thing and keep it a secret. It's gonna be hard fell like I'm going to just blurt it out!

If you drink Tonic, you can say its Vodka and Tonic, or drink Lime and soda and say that has vodka in it too!! Or if hubby buys your drinks who will know! Act a little tipsy and you will be fine!

I am not telling anyone until i have had my scan, i am having an early scan next week, but am gonna hold out until my dating scan.

Take care x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->