BFP & what I did [after bcp, with vitex etc.]

lm3898

Trying for a 3rd!
Reaction score
Hi ladies!

I spent monthsssssssssssss stalking the TTC forum hoping for tips on how to get my :bfp: and now that I have I just wanted to share in hopes it will help anyone else that questions! I got it my 4th month ttc.

Luteal Phase Defect: My 1st month ttc was after stopping yaz birth control - I found that I had a short luteal phase [9 days] so I started on 50 mg of vitamin b6, and well as 400 mg pill of vitex and red raspberry leaf supplement...by the time I got my bfp I had a 13 day luteal phase so I think this stuff really helped. I took the vitex, b6 and red rasp. leaf suppl. every day straight though [some people stop at ovulation].

I used cheapie wondfo opk's and the last two months, I ALSO used the cbfm...but here was my gripe w/ the cbfm the month I got pregnant so honestly I'd say beware...I'm happy I used both devices but I don't think the cbfm is really necessary...if you only use wondfo's - I'd recc testing 2x/day 11 a.m. and 4-5 p.m. so you are sure to catch your surge!

Here's my earlier post on cbfm:

I have a beef with CBFM after this past month! My first month I had like 11 days of high's before peak and also used cheapie wondfo opk's - I understand it's likely to get a lot of high's the first month so I figured whatever.

However, this was my 2nd month using it and I was still getting low's on cd 18 [I do ovulate late but I was surprised I wasn't even getting a high yet]. I had planned to stop using opk's b/c I figured I was spending so much on the cbfm it was just too much to keep doing both - luckily I still had some opk's left over so on cd 18 I used an opk and sure enough it was totally 100% positive! The cbfm jumped from low to peak the next morning [cd 19] but my dh leaves for work before me and we sometimes can't BD until 11 p.m.! Fertility friend & ovufriend both showed that I ovulated the SAME day I got my first peak w/ cbfm [cd 19] so I very well could have totally missed O this month if I had relied solely on cbfm...

I charted - which was the best thing I found b/c it's the ONLY way to confirm you ovulate - I used both ovufriend & fertility friend and both gave me the same O date based on temps etc so I don't really prefer one over the other...

Lastly [and I think most important]...I used PRESEED! This stuff is amazing & I think it really helped us get our :bfp: - I used it the last two months I was ttc...the 1st month ended with a chemical and the 2nd month using it was a positive :test: So I highly, highly recommend! But you definitely don't need to use as much as they say - I used maybe 1/4 of what they said to apply & rarely used the applicators.

Maybe not all this stuff was necessary but it gave me a level of control over my body and helped me to better understand it which I really appreciated. Good luck to everyone, hope this helps someone & lot's of :dust: to all <3

I keep reading that people use preseed and get pregnant soon after... maybe that's my next move... :)

That's great, thank you for posting this! I'm using ovufriend also, so I hope it'll help me as it helped you :) Congratulations on your bfp :)

I loved ovufriend - I thought that & fertility friend were super helpful. FF even changed my fertile dates the first month based on early month temps - they can really help pinpoint things!

Heading over to Amazon to get some pre-seed on order! Thanks for the tips and lots of luck to you for a great pregnancy x

Heading over to Amazon to get some pre-seed on order! Thanks for the tips and lots of luck to you for a great pregnancy x

Thanks & good luck to you - hope to see you guys in 1st tri soon x.

I second that about pre-seed/Conceive-plus; was TTC my son for 10 months and the first month I used Conceive+ I fell preggers.

Boots do it but probably cheaper on Amazon.

Good luck to everyone! xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->