• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

BH or Contractions

littlesteph

expecting baby no:3
Reaction score
I've been getting Braxton hicks since I was 17 weeks. this morning though I think they were more like contractions, they felt the same as they did when I was induced with my first.
they started off as light period pains then as my bump got tighter the pains got stronger, but the pains were only were period pains usually are but could feel my whole bump go really tight.
they were happening every 3 to 4 minutes for about 40 minutes before the eased.
Would you say that is the start of things about to happen or just really painful Braxton hicks?

Oh littleSteph, call L&D. Tell them everything. Even get a trace on baba.

Did you have enough to drink today??? Were you on your feet allot??
You have 2kids, your doing allot and you can lose the run of yourself. Missing meals and not drinking enough give me crippling bh.

if it happens again i'll call them,
I hadn't long woken up when they started, i'm drinking and eating more then I have been, i'm not aloud to do much, I have to take it easy because of spd, its only a mild case but been told to take it easy anyway.
I am thinking though sorry tmi but it was the first time in about 2 months that me and hubby have done the deed, i'm wondering if it was that that started them off.

I had something similar 4 nights ago, and funnily enough that was after me and OH had DTD for the first time in a while too..!

They were actually painful and regular like you describe, with lots of pressure down below - just like the start of my (pre-term) labour last time, when I then went on to deliver.
I was starting to think about waking OH up and calling the hospital when they then started to subside.

It hasn't happened again since, just the usual tightenings/Braxton Hicks...
I just figured that if it was potential
labour, they wouldn't have subsided at the time, they would have carried on - so i put it down to maybe over-doing it (and probably DTD'ing too!)

Dtd gives me awful lady garden pain. I think you tense up when you do it and then that might cause the contractions. But genuinely I wouldn't know what a real contraction felt like I went 16days over and dialated in 15mins so it was one big white hot pain.
I had spd on DS and I wouldn't wish it on anyone it DEFINATELY gives you way more BH. Ask about physio and a belt you've 2 other kids they need to take this into consideration. You need some comfort in your day to day life or the tools to make life easier.

I had something similar 4 nights ago, and funnily enough that was after me and OH had DTD for the first time in a while too..!

They were actually painful and regular like you describe, with lots of pressure down below - just like the start of my (pre-term) labour last time, when I then went on to deliver.
I was starting to think about waking OH up and calling the hospital when they then started to subside.

It hasn't happened again since, just the usual tightenings/Braxton Hicks...
I just figured that if it was potential
labour, they wouldn't have subsided at the time, they would have carried on - so i put it down to maybe over-doing it (and probably DTD'ing too!)

that's exactly how they felts, I've had the pressure down below pretty much most the day and was induced early with my 1st at 36+4

Dtd gives me awful lady garden pain. I think you tense up when you do it and then that might cause the contractions. But genuinely I wouldn't know what a real contraction felt like I went 16days over and dialated in 15mins so it was one big white hot pain.
I had spd on DS and I wouldn't wish it on anyone it DEFINATELY gives you way more BH. Ask about physio and a belt you've 2 other kids they need to take this into consideration. You need some comfort in your day to day life or the tools to make life easier.

they referred me for physio almost 2 weeks ago, just waiting to hear back.

Similar thing happened to me yesterday. Started out as BH then turned to real contractions. And they weren't stopping. Went to L&D and was monitored and was having contractions. But they did a urine test to see if it was a UTI and it turned out I was dehydrated. So maybe up your water intake?

Similar thing happened to me yesterday. Started out as BH then turned to real contractions. And they weren't stopping. Went to L&D and was monitored and was having contractions. But they did a urine test to see if it was a UTI and it turned out I was dehydrated. So maybe up your water intake?

i'm not dehydrated actually drinking more then usually, I guess as it was first thing in the morning it could have been that, but I have had a few since. not regular though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->