Bidding on properties ?

We should have an housing support thread!

V xxx

We should, its such a big issue - especially with the lack of local authority housing, high rents on private properties and capped housing benefit. I also believe that council or housing association properties should only be available for those who really need them, at least this way a lot of houses would be freed up for those living in desperate, cramped conditions.

it took me 9 months on a band b, 9 months of pure hell. we were in temp housing & it was awful. now in a lovely house surrounded by fields in a little village so its def worth the wait xx

I was doing fine until my LL upped my rent.

He said it was because his building's insurance went up....

He is a good LL, I can't fault him but I feel like he is trying to squeeze me out.

V xx

Wow your lucky to be that high up on the bidding system, we have Been on the biddin system for 2 years in band c and finish around 120+ each week. We are over crowded by 1 bedroom soon to be 2. We have been told it will take us 5 years to get a 3 bed house.
Answer to your question the general rule is you won't view a property unless you are successful in your bid finishing 1st in some case higher if pervious winner/s viewed and refused the property.

I wish we was in a band system, we would have had somewhere long ago, I think we're one of very few that actually uses the points system.

I think sometimes your lucky but most of the time your not.
We are in band 5 which is the lowest and there are always over 100 people ahead of us on all the ones we have bidded on.
My friends parents were also low band but got somewhere in 6 months as apparently they have to give so many properties out to low bands.
We are having to go private rent now because we cant continue living where we are now.

I think sometimes your lucky but most of the time your not.
We are in band 5 which is the lowest and there are always over 100 people ahead of us on all the ones we have bidded on.
My friends parents were also low band but got somewhere in 6 months as apparently they have to give so many properties out to low bands.
We are having to go private rent now because we cant continue living where we are now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->