BIG Babies!!!

6lilpigs

Reaction score
Has any of you ladies had big babies and if so how tall are you?

I have a feeling that I'm carrying a boy aand I'm a bit worried that it will be over big. I have 3 boys and their weights were 8.4 then 8.10 then 9.13. I am only 5ft 2". When my last lad was born he was born very pale with a low apgar score and they took him straight off for tests. hes completely fine though. I know they say they get bigger but I have a worry hanging around the back of my head of it being bigger and causing complications. At the same time I wouldn't really want to be induced. Can anyone put my mind at rest a bit lol.

O.O 9lb13

Anyway, this is my first so I can't really help you but surely you'll get a growth scan since your last baby was so big? I'd voice your concerns with your midwife if I were you.

I'm 5 foot 4 and just had my first.........she was 8 pounds 10 ounces at birth :D

I think if it does start to look big they will give a growth scan, I would just dread any heavy intervention. I would be terrified if they said 'no, too big we're booking you in for a section.'

8.10 first time out ouch lol, my first was 6.6 (girl) so I started out nice and gently lol. Anything over 7lb first time is so not necessary:rofl:

I think if it does start to look big they will give a growth scan, I would just dread any heavy intervention. I would be terrified if they said 'no, too big we're booking you in for a section.'

8.10 first time out ouch lol, my first was 6.6 (girl) so I started out nice and gently lol. Anything over 7lb first time is so not necessary:rofl:

Aw I don't think they'd do that but they probably won't let you go overdue much if baby was looking big. I know you said you weren't keen on induction but surely you'd prefer that than a section right?

+ ugh, I'm hoping for under 8lbs [-o< Ah well, i'd rather have a big healthy baby than a small not so healthy baby.

Absolutely!! Induction over section definately. Hopefully I will be able to talk my midwife into an early sweep at 38 weeks if it seems to be going that way. I must say aswell now you reminded me that he was 10 days late, so I think they add an ounce a day towards the end? if he had been on time he would just have been 9lb really! Now thats not too scary at all, SEE I knew it was a good idea to get some opinions lol.

My 1st was 9lb 5oz, but i'm 5ft 11in. My friend is only 5ft, and her boy was 11lb 12oz (c-section of course)

oh gosh, one of my best friends who is quite petite, had a 10lb2oz baby her first time!! lol.
I couldn't believe it when I heard! Can't imagine pushing that big boy out!!!

Im 4ft11 and having a boy and im very very worried hes going to be a big baby and cause problems. Im more scared of this than actual labour pain its self!!! My Mw has said im measuring 2weeks ahead at both my last apointments but didnt seem worried :S My OH is 6ft4 and was a big baby so makes me worry even more! I really really dont want to go over due so baby is even bigger!

I would just talk to your midwife if i was you. Ask for a growth scan if anything.

when I went for my scan MW said she couldnt do a proper measurement cos she wasnt trained to do so!!!

But she said prob about 7lbs... as my bump isnt overly massive but Im tall... so she looks long!! Im 5ft 9 and OH is 6ft3!!
I wonder how much she will weigh!?!?!!

I am petite and am 5'. My OH is 6'1".

My daughter was 7 lbs. 14 oz., 21.25 inches in length and was 11 days overdue.

My son was 8 lbs. 6 oz., 21.25 inches in length at 38 weeks when he was delivered.

I'm not to worried about the size, but most times your body won't make a baby too big for you...unless medical problems :)

I'm 5'8" and my baby (a girl, my first) was 10 lbs. 8 oz. I had her vaginally, no forceps or vacuum. I really believe now that we, as women, can do anything. If I would have known how big she was I would have been scared to death and the dr. would have insisted on a c-section. In fact, the day after I had her a dr. at the hospital had the nerve to say, "Well, I guess next time, we'll just book you for a c-section." I was PISSED! You can read my whole birth story, it wasn't a pleasant experience and things got kinda scary, but I would do it naturally again in a heart beat!

My first was 8lbs 11oz...and yup he was a boy!.....this next one is going to be bigger...Im sure of it! :argh:
I had to have c-section! Im only 5'4 but I have a very narrow hips...actually mishapen..so anyway he was too big for my pelvis!
This bubs is to be c-section too! :argh:

I'm 5'8" and my baby (a girl, my first) was 10 lbs. 8 oz. I had her vaginally, no forceps or vacuum. I really believe now that we, as women, can do anything. If I would have known how big she was I would have been scared to death and the dr. would have insisted on a c-section. In fact, the day after I had her a dr. at the hospital had the nerve to say, "Well, I guess next time, we'll just book you for a c-section." I was PISSED! You can read my whole birth story, it wasn't a pleasant experience and things got kinda scary, but I would do it naturally again in a heart beat!

I'd tell your doctor to take a hike!!! I'm not doing the weight scans...I can push this baby no matter the size!!!

Hey where does it say they get bigger the more you have .... Iam petrefied now lol .
First baby lovely little girl tiny 6.1
Next Boy a big boy at 8.3
Now iam petrfied this time lol , I had to be cut with both and only a tiny 5ft2 frame arghhhhhhhhh .

My friend is quite short. I would guess 5'4" and she had a 12 pound baby boy. He practically walked out a toddler, haha. She def. had a c-section.

I am 6 ft tall, and I have yet to have my baby, but I have a growth scan in 2 weeks. At my last scan they guessed she would be between 7 and 8 pounds at birth.

Everyone I know that is small had big babies, and us tall ones have smaller ones.

?

They can get it wrong sometimes with the growth scans, i was told my second was going to be over 7lb, but he was only 5lb 13oz, he was just long (like his daddy).

My daughter they said would be 10lbs...she was 7lbs 2oz. That's a HUGE difference. That's why I have no faith in growth scans.

Edit: They wanted to book me in for a section because they said she'd be too big for me. I'm glad I didn't go for it. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->