BIG Babies!!!

I'm 5'8" and my baby (a girl, my first) was 10 lbs. 8 oz. I had her vaginally, no forceps or vacuum. I really believe now that we, as women, can do anything. If I would have known how big she was I would have been scared to death and the dr. would have insisted on a c-section. In fact, the day after I had her a dr. at the hospital had the nerve to say, "Well, I guess next time, we'll just book you for a c-section." I was PISSED! You can read my whole birth story, it wasn't a pleasant experience and things got kinda scary, but I would do it naturally again in a heart beat!

I'd tell your doctor to take a hike!!! I'm not doing the weight scans...I can push this baby no matter the size!!!

It wasn't my dr. just one at the hospital, or else I definitely would have said that!

I'm 5ft 10 and Stu's 6ft 7, Mikey was 8lb 2oz and 24" long head to feet. He was long, but wasn't a big baby. But now he's taller than my neice who is 5 and he's coming up 3. In size 10 shoe and 6-7 clothes.

I've heard that bigger babies are actually easier to push out than small babies (if they fit in your pelvis of course). Something to do with them helping themselves more?

My 1st born(DD) was 9lb 6oz and my 2nd born (DS) was 2 weeks early and 7lb 8oz!

I've heard that bigger babies are actually easier to push out than small babies (if they fit in your pelvis of course). Something to do with them helping themselves more?

Yup My MW told me that too! Its because there is more body fat and so they tend to slip through...its the size of the babys head that makes it hard! (My son had a sqaure head! :rofl: No I mean it!)
So yeah fatty-boom-stick babies are all good!!! :hugs:

im about 5'4'' and my bubs was 7lb 2 1/2oz oh is about 5'11 i think.i was also 10 days late x

Im 4ft11 and having a boy and im very very worried hes going to be a big baby and cause problems. Im more scared of this than actual labour pain its self!!! My Mw has said im measuring 2weeks ahead at both my last apointments but didnt seem worried :S My OH is 6ft4 and was a big baby so makes me worry even more! I really really dont want to go over due so baby is even bigger!

I would just talk to your midwife if i was you. Ask for a growth scan if anything.

missj why ever did you get yourself a rugby player!!!!! You have a very neat good sized belly for you already there, but don't worry I said that to another lady and she had about 7lb I think lol.

Holldoll, you're quite right to refuse the wally. If you managed to get her out safe and sound, first time out, then you will saill through any other pregnancies you choose to have. How rude to threaten you with surgery after a succesful birth!!!

Thanks to all other ladies aswell, I have stopped stressing alot now, I'm sure after having a good sized my midwife will keep an eye out, and after all if they did come out with anything extreme or silly I can always say I'm not happy with it.

my first was born 10lb 9 and a half, by emergency c-section. my fried gave birth naturally to a 10lb 12oz boy earlier this year

I really hope my baby isn't huge :| I'd of wasted so much money on newborn clothes!

my first was born 10lb 9 and a half, by emergency c-section. my fried gave birth naturally to a 10lb 12oz boy earlier this year

10lb 9!!! That could have been a good sized set of twins lol.

I'm really, really nervous about having a big baby. But every baby in my family was under 7lbs on both sides. Does genetics have anything to do with it by any chance?!?

I think itdoes have an effect Rea, I was and 8lb odd baby and my hubby was a 6lb odd baby and my kids were 7lb 4oz,second was 5lb 13oz,and last one was 7lb 5oz so all ok sizes.

My mother is about 5'5 and had four children. The lightest being the third child at 8.11, the heaviest being the fourth at 11.4. So if genetics come into it, I'm likely to have a large baby.

well my grandmother had 7 kids all under 7lbs, all of her kids had babies under 7lbs, all of my cousins had babies under 7lbs....so I'm hoping it just runs in the family.

rae i weighed 8lb 4oz at birth dh weighed 8lb 9 oz and my son was 7lb 2 1/2oz so he was lighter then both of us xx

I'm 5'5" and my first and only until this one was 9lb 4.5oz. With a huge head! He was 58 cm long, not sure what that was in inches. He was on 95 % centile right from day one!

Hence I am a little curious over this one? Different dad, but it's in my genes to have big babies! eek! My son weighed same as my dad and I was an 8lb odd baby!

I'm 5 foot 4 and weighed 8st 5 pre pregnancy, just had my first baby she was 8 lbs 7 oz at birth

Whoever said this, hasn't ever given birth to a big baby and a small baby. I don't care what size you are pushing a 10 lbs. baby through your who-haw is not going to be easy!

I really hope my baby isn't huge :| I'd of wasted so much money on newborn clothes!

I was so glad that I hadn't washed anything before having her. I didn't have any newborn clothes (I was expecting an 8-9 lbs. baby), but all her 0-3 went back to the store.

Whoever said this, hasn't ever given birth to a big baby and a small baby. I don't care what size you are pushing a 10 lbs. baby through your who-haw is not going to be easy!

I said easier :p not less painful.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->