big bloated belly getting me down.

Ally2015

Reaction score
Hey all

I just wanted to see whether anyone else is feeling so bloated all the time- i do feel gassy too (tmi!). My clothes feel tight and if im honest i don't feel so good about myself. I am quite a short petite person, and i look like a little fatty now, my mum ( who doesn't know I am preggers yet, waiting for 12 week scan to tell her) has commented.

Does anyone have any advice on reducing the bloat?

Thanks a lot:thumbup:

Yes me!

I've found it really bad as I've been wanting to eat carbs all the time to help the ms when I get it. This is bad for me as I tend to eat mostly a high protein, low carb diet :wacko:

I found what helps me is to eat small snacks throughout the day like nuts, fruit, etc and that has helped to keep the ms at bay as well as craving the carbs. It has reduced the bloating slightly but I still do seem to grow over the course of the day!

Thanks.. i've been eating a big dinner late, but going to try your suggestions and eat smaller meals more regularly.

i've not had any MS, but i feel hungry a lot! Like you i had mainly a high protein, low carb diet but i am just loving carbs just now haha.

Thanks.. i've been eating a big dinner late, but going to try your suggestions and eat smaller meals more regularly.

i've not had any MS, but i feel hungry a lot! Like you i had mainly a high protein, low carb diet but i am just loving carbs just now haha.

It's hard isn't it! I've definitely started to eat better again than the first couple of weeks or so but I do feel hungry most of the time so have to eat every couple of hours otherwise I start feeling nauseous.

My go to snack at the minute is peanut butter on rice cakes. Preparation is key as well, if I don't have the right things available that's when I find it all goes wrong :)

It's hard isn't it! I've definitely started to eat better again than the first couple of weeks or so but I do feel hungry most of the time so have to eat every couple of hours otherwise I start feeling nauseous.

My go to snack at the minute is peanut butter on rice cakes. Preparation is key as well, if I don't have the right things available that's when I find it all goes wrong :)

I am going to go out and buy some snacks :) I have been craving cheese, so need to go find some cheesy snacks! :)

I've got the bloat too sisters! Ugh!!! It's terrible! I started wearing maternity clothes a week or two ago and I'm only 7 weeks 4 days. I haven't really gained more than a pound though.

I've got the bloat too sisters! Ugh!!! It's terrible! I started wearing maternity clothes a week or two ago and I'm only 7 weeks 4 days. I haven't really gained more than a pound though.

i have avoided weighing myself hahah, not brave enough. Feel like i have gained loads but i know i havent gained as much as i think.

I need to go shopping for some clothes that are loose around my tummy area

My bloat was super awful starting almost immediately but peaked around 9 weeks. It was extremely depressing as I'm already obsessed with my weight. I desperately adopted a high fiber high protein, low carb diet to combat the bloat and it worked! I'm still bloated but it's not as demoralizing as it was. The key was basically eating as few carbs as possible unless the carbs were beans or fruit. Everything else was lean meat, yogurt, cottage cheese & veggies...with occasional string cheese or babybel. Morning sickness disappeared too and I got a lot of energy back. It's not a super tasty diet, but it fought the bloat.

Bloat was very bad around 7-9 weeks :)
Around 12 weeks I started getting my uniform bump :) however this is my 2nd baby:)

I am extremely bloated as well and it's pretty much impossible to hide! It doesn't matter what I eat. I wake up this way as well. I've always been prone to bloating but during first trimester it's just ridiculous. I barely fit my pants anymore.

I am extremely bloated as well and it's pretty much impossible to hide! It doesn't matter what I eat. I wake up this way as well. I've always been prone to bloating but during first trimester it's just ridiculous. I barely fit my pants anymore.

I feel your pain... once i get in from work, i put my loose pj's on and relax. I hate wearing jeans just now.

Hope we get our baby bellies soon and the bloat goes... xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->